Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Double calendar notifications

I use Google Calendar and disabled Samsung's calendar when I was still running 4.3. After the update to 4.4.2., I'm unable to disable or turn off notifications for Samsung's calendar from the application manager. When I turn notifications off from within the app, notifications also turn off for Google Calendar. When I hide all calendars (I have 5) in Samsung's calendar, they also disappear in Google Calendar.

I uninstalled Google Calendar and installed Cal, thinking that it was a Google Calendar issue, but the same thing happens.

No matter which 3rd party calendar I use, if notifications are on I get pop ups from both active calendars. If I turn notifications off in one, they turn off in both. So it's either 2 notifications for every event in my calendars or none.

I don't like Samsung's calendar, but since the update to 4.4.2 I have no way of getting rid of it. Any help?

Thanks in advance!

Sam

Default Re: Double calendar notifications

I have the same problem with LG G2 on 4.4.2.
    I would love to find a solution for this problem so i bump this thread to see if someone has one.

Thanks