App Icons Randomly Disappear

ozzie550

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I have had my GS4 for about one month now. It was purchased new and loaded with KitKat 4.2. I upgraded to 4.4.4 shortly after getting the phone. Recently, I've found that random app icons will occasionally be missing after booting the phone (the problem is inconsistent). The icons will be missing from both the app drawer and home screens simultaneously. Usually, only one will be missing while all others are visible. Further, it's only the actual icon that's missing. The app label below where the icon was is still visible, and the app can still be launched. While I have disabled several apps, the ones involved have not been. Typically, a reboot will resolve this and the affected icon will then be visible. For reference, all apps are installed on the phone storage and not the SD card (16 Gb Sandisk Ultra), and I do not use any type of an app killer. Anyone have any ideas as to what's going on?

ozzie550

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I'll try that and see if the "disappearing icon" problem is resolved. Since that problem didn't happen every day, it'll take a while to determine if I was successful. I'll give it a week, and post back with the results. Thanks!

ozzie550

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
OK, so I wiped the cache partition as recommended. However, I continue to experience the "disappearing icon" issue. Again, it only seems to occur randomly every few days, and it never seems to affect the same app. To illustrate the problem, I'm attaching a screenshot of a page of the app drawer showing the missing icon to the app "Digital clock Xperia".

Screenshot_2015-01-18-10-03-53 (2).jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89