What Makes the GS 2 better then the Infuse?

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I would like to know peoples opinions on why they think the Galaxy S 2 is better then the Infuse? To me it looks almost like the same phone. Design and all, and the GS 2 has a little bit of a smaller screen. Its almost as if they released the Infuse to AT&T like its there version of the GS 2. Not sure though. Opinions are welcome.

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
I would like to know peoples opinions on why they think the Galaxy S 2 is better then the Infuse? To me it looks almost like the same phone. Design and all, and the GS 2 has a little bit of a smaller screen. Its almost as if they released the Infuse to AT&T like its there version of the GS 2. Not sure though. Opinions are welcome.

Spec wise, everything, and I mean everything is better of the GS2.

1.2 ghz single core vs 1.2 ghz dual core
528 mb ram vs 1 gb ram
touch wiz 3.0 vs touch wiz 4.0
Froyo vs Gingerbread
No NFC vs NFC
No notification light vs notification light

To me the GS2 is a step up in every way. Unless you must have a 4.5 inch screen of course.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
yea the ram and dual core are the biggest components alongside the screen i personally hate TW and the infuse will see gingerbread so.

All i know is my infuse is more than fast enough for me right now we will see what the future holds odds are good i might buy a GS2 if it proves good enough i go through a lot of phones buying off contract lol

it does seem odd to me to release the infuse so close to the GS2 but who knows what their plan is.

lgreenberg

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Exactly.

Everyone is dual core this and dual core that.

Until there are actually applications that actually need dual core or ones that really function better with a dual core processor the speed of something like the Infuse is plenty fast enough.

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm not going to say anything bad about the infuse. I looked at one on Sunday and it is a sweet device. But specs dont lie and if you have the choice of the 2 phones, not sure why anyone would chose the Infuse over the GS2. Unless, as I stated previously, you must have a 4.5 inch screen.

I should add the second reason to chose the Infuse; you can actually buy it from ATT.

HushH

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm not going to say anything bad about the infuse. I looked at one on Sunday and it is a sweet device. But specs dont lie and if you have the choice of the 2 phones, not sure why anyone would chose the Infuse over the GS2. Unless, as I stated previously, you must have a 4.5 inch screen.

I agree. The issue right now though is that we don't have the choice unless you're looking to buy off contract. And then you're looking at paying an extra $200 for the GS2. In that case I believe in the long run it would still be well worth going with the GS2, but with the current state of Android and apps I don't know that most users would see much difference in performance between the two phones.

I've got my Infuse ordered through Amazon, but if the the GS2 is announced on the 24th then I will have to decide whether it's worth returning and waiting for that. Another unknown is how long it will be before the GS2 launches on AT&T. It could still be several months out.

Timelessblur

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

I have a feeling you are going to jump ship to the GS2 before long.

rafa7

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I will also consider the GS2 if given a change before my 30 days is up, but if not, then the thing is a beast and I am really enjoying it. :cool:

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I have a feeling you are going to jump ship to the GS2 before long.

lol why do you say this?

I will also consider the GS2 if given a change before my 30 days is up, but if not, then the thing is a beast and I am really enjoying it. :cool:

I agree. Its a possibility but they probably definitely will space it out after 30 days from the release of the Infuse. You see heres where I stand. The Atrix had a lot of those GS2 specs, besides the 1.2 dual core. But even with the Nividia Dual Core in the Atrix, the thing heated up all the time to a point to where it was pitiful for me to even use the phone. I seriously think they are rushing out this processor power before the software can handle the hardware correctly. 1GB and Dual Core on the Atrix vs the 512MB and 1.2Ghz Single on the Infuse and I still feel like the Infuse moves just as quick as the Atrix did. Im not big on games. They said the games are what really brings out that processing power. The Infuse is really quick already. Regardless of what your doing. The Infuse will get Gingerbread also. To be honest, I dont know how much better Gingerbread is gonna be compared to Froyo. Id rather see a dramatic change of something, then a little change in something. Thats just my opinion. For me, Dual Core is already in my Tablet. And thats where it should be, in a tablet. The Xoom is already a beast in its on, plus I like how HoneyComb makes it feel more PC like. And for me also, I do like the bigger screen. So I dont really know whats gonna make me switch to that when it comes out if those are the only specs.

The Infuse is the best Android Device Ive owned so far and it does everything extremely well. I think the only thing that would really make it a bummer is if they eventually Drop LTE SOON, and Im required to get an LTE device to take advantage of the speeds. But thats not gonna be for awhile

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm only hesitating a bit because I tend to get a new phone every 2-3 years, so I try to make sure I'm buying a phone that will last the longest in terms of OS updates. The GS2 has the latest OS and I'm concerned about when they will update the Infuse. Samsung is not known for timely updates and after dealing with that with my Blackberry, I'm trying to avoid it with Android. Honestly, I don't know what I'm doing lol

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I've got my Infuse ordered through Amazon, but if the the GS2 is announced on the 24th then I will have to decide whether it's worth returning and waiting for that. Another unknown is how long it will be before the GS2 launches on AT&T. It could still be several months out.

I am in the exact same boat. UPS will deliver my Infuse tomorrow (YAY!!!) and I plan on embracing it 100%. Having said that, if the GS2 is announced soon after, I may re-think everything. But, you gotta draw the line somewhere and be happy with what you have. There is always something better coming along, and if that fact alone prevents you from buying a phone, you'll never ever have one! :confused:

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I scouted around a bit and it appears the S2 launch in the US has been pushed back to Q3 or later. The VP stated something about the phone being released to Canada before the US and that isn't slated to happen before Q3. It kind of makes sense because releasing the Infuse at about the same time as the S2 might hedge Infuse sales. So, since I can't use a broken Blackberry for 4 months or so, Infuse here I come!

HushH

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I am in the exact same boat. UPS will deliver my Infuse tomorrow (YAY!!!) and I plan on embracing it 100%. Having said that, if the GS2 is announced soon after, I may re-think everything. But, you gotta draw the line somewhere and be happy with what you have. There is always something better coming along, and if that fact alone prevents you from buying a phone, you'll never ever have one! :confused:

Darn, I haven't even gotten a shipment notification on mine yet.

Even if the GS2 is launched soon, I will have to take a close look at it to decide if it's worth trading for based on my personal use. The 4.5" screen is a huge selling point for me as I tend to use my phone for media and web browsing more than anything else. And as you say, the next best thing will always be right around the corner.

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Darn, I haven't even gotten a shipment notification on mine yet.

Even if the GS2 is launched soon, I will have to take a close look at it to decide if it's worth trading for based on my personal use. The 4.5" screen is a huge selling point for me as I tend to use my phone for media and web browsing more than anything else. And as you say, the next best thing will always be right around the corner.

Yeah, I ordered late Saturday night (Hawaii time), which was super early Sunday morning for amazon wireless. Shipped out of Kentucky this morning and will arrive one day ahead of schedule (tomorrow instead of Wednesday). I am tempted to call in sick so I'll be there when it arrives, LOL!!!

AustinBear

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Spec wise, everything, and I mean everything is better of the GS2.

1.2 ghz single core vs 1.2 ghz dual core
528 mb ram vs 1 gb ram
touch wiz 3.0 vs touch wiz 4.0
Froyo vs Gingerbread
No NFC vs NFC
No notification light vs notification light

To me the GS2 is a step up in every way. Unless you must have a 4.5 inch screen of course.

And, the GS2 has a slightly smaller battery.

GS2 has a dual core and smaller battery, but smaller screen.
Infuse has single core and larger battery, but bigger screen.

Not sure what the net effect will be. I'm not sure if the smaller screen will save enough to make-up for the smaller battery and dual core processor.

Anyone?

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
And, the GS2 has a slightly smaller battery.

GS2 has a dual core and smaller battery, but smaller screen.
Infuse has single core and larger battery, but bigger screen.

Not sure what the net effect will be. I'm not sure if the smaller screen will save enough to make-up for the smaller battery and dual core processor.

Anyone?

Supposedly dual core is more energy efficient than single core. I know that sounds paradoxical, but that's what the word on the street is. So that would put the energy efficiency benefit squarely on the GS2....

AustinBear

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Supposedly dual core is more energy efficient than single core. I know that sounds paradoxical, but that's what the word on the street is. So that would put the energy efficiency benefit squarely on the GS2....

Or, it'll be a wash given the Infuse's larger battery. Perhaps that's why...

Timelessblur

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
lol why do you say this?

I remember reading one of your post in the Atrix forums about when you said you were going to get the Infuse you had had another Android Phone a few months before the Atrix then got the Atrix and after a few months you jump ship again. You also admitted you are a gadget freak (not a bad thing) so I could see you jumping to the next new thing.
I also am assuming you have the income to support your need to have the latest new gadget so you will do it again.
Hell if I could afford it I more than likely would have a collection of cell phones I would switch between.

Reactions: Terrigno