Rotating Photos in Messages

newportrocco

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Coming off the iPhone, I'm used to photos rotating automatically as you turn the screen. My Infuse doesn't seem to rotate photos that I open when viewing through email or messages. Is this normal? Such gorgeous screen, I'd like to be able to see photos in landscape mode without having to save it to my gallery.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Cant say ive ever tried that. But I can understand why that is. Just save the file first and see it in your gallery. Then delete it. Might be all thats possible to do. Just previewing a file wont let you rotate the screen. Not sure why.

kspurr

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Try Handcent

You should try Handcent from the Android Market. It will let you touch MMS photos to view them individually/larger, they'll rotate, and you can zoom in/out. They also don't look like little videos like the mms pictures do when you receive them from some people. (reminds me of one of my first flip phones with MMS support)

I also recently switched (happily so far) to the the Infuse from an iPhone 3GS. I'm happy, but things in Android like the default messaging app (and even the best 3rd party ones) do remind me of the early iPhone days, and I'm sure we'll get more polish and usability in things like this with time. On the upside, it's awesome that we have simple options like being able to use different messaging apps on Android.

As a last note, don't try sending a video that wasn't taken expressly for being sent via MMS after setting all your quality settings to garbage and being sure to keep it short. You'll be disappointed when comparing to the iPhone experience there too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89