Verizon Coverage Trick

lkbig

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I recently became aware that Verizon will park mobile towers in unmarked vans in hidden locations near major local venues to make their signal seem better than it really is in that area. That way when Verizon users' friends on other networks can't get through due to congestion, they can brag that they are on Verizon and show they have full signal. I was wondering if anyone know if AT&T does the same thing? Because if they don't, they should. As should T-Mobile. Especially T-Mobile.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
This.. Isn't used for that. When there is a large venue many carriers will have mobile towers placed there to help with the demand on the natural towers in the area. AT&T has done this in the past... They don't do it to game the competition.. They do it because cell towers aren't meant to take thousands of users in one central location... So these "on the go" towers help to alleviate congestion. :).

An example of AT&T doing this is listed below in the link... And also the image below that has information from the story.

http://about.att.com/story/att_depl...arter_in_time_for_comiccon_international.html

Attachments

• 1411664660511.jpg
    1411664660511.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 126

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
It's often called a COW - Cell On Wheels. They are not uncommon. In addition to large events, they are used as a back-up if a regular site goes down, especially after a disaster (9/11, Katrina, Sandy).

Posted from my XT1080M

sierrajinx9

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
LMAO! This isn't a trick! Every Carrier does this! At Summerfest In Milwaukee Wisconsin, ATT, TMOBILE, Verizon, Sprint and US CELLULAR all had Trucks parked somewhere on the property... No Network can handle 30,000+ People crammed into one area... Nice try making Verizon look bad though

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
LMAO! This isn't a trick! Every Carrier does this! At Summerfest In Milwaukee Wisconsin, ATT, TMOBILE, Verizon, Sprint and US CELLULAR all had Trucks parked somewhere on the property... No Network can handle 30,000+ People crammed into one area... Nice try making Verizon look bad though

He was just misinformed... I could see if someone didn't know about this could see it as being tricked.

No need to get hostile with him :).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty