Question on AT&T when going from a device owned outright to 2 year contract.

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Currently on Verizon but going to be switching to AT&T. I want to open two lines with shared data. One line will be an iphone 6 on a 2 year contract. The other line I will be bringing my own device (Sony Z3C) so my understanding is I will get a discount on that line so instead of $40 it will be something like $25. When the new phones come out next year will I be able to get a new phone and switch over to 2 year pricing on it. For example: Let's say the Galaxy S6 comes out in May. Could I go to AT&T in May and say I want to buy this device and get the 2 year pricing so then my monthly price goes up to $40. Would they let me do this, go from bring my own device, to moving to one on a 2 year plan only a few months after opening the lines?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yep you'll be able to switch. Only the iPhone 6 mine will be in contract - not the other :).

Photon4glover

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Currently on Verizon but going to be switching to AT&T. I want to open two lines with shared data. One line will be an iphone 6 on a 2 year contract. The other line I will be bringing my own device (Sony Z3C) so my understanding is I will get a discount on that line so instead of $40 it will be something like $25. When the new phones come out next year will I be able to get a new phone and switch over to 2 year pricing on it. For example: Let's say the Galaxy S6 comes out in May. Could I go to AT&T in May and say I want to buy this device and get the 2 year pricing so then my monthly price goes up to $40. Would they let me do this, go from bring my own device, to moving to one on a 2 year plan only a few months after opening the lines?

That's fine as long as you have approved credit. If not it will take a few months to have credit established through them before they will allow you to upgrade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk