4G vs LTE signal & performance?

TekNinja81

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey folks,

Just curious what everyone's experience has been with the LTE coverage on Telus. Personally I've had issues with data and voice dropouts on LTE, but when I drop down or switch out to 4G it seems to work a lot better.

There are many places in Toronto and the area where I have a minimal LTE signal and can't use data. I've had calls fail and incoming calls divert to my voicemail as a result. But if I switch to 4G, I'll have a full signal and no such problems. Is this typical of Telus LTE currently or might it be an issue with my Samsung Note?

Vee_G

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
I was experiencing the exact same issue. It was pretty bad, I was dropping calls every 3 minutes and was constantly in a state of no service. They had to issue me a replacement phone since it was less than 30 days old. Since getting the replacement, I havent had any more problems. My phone works fine. I get LTE signal at home and when I'm at work in downtown Toronto.. From what I hear they're still working on their network. To me LTE speed doesn't make a difference. I just want to be able to use the internet, text and make and receive calls if I need to.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Android Central Forums

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
The LTE network on Telus sometimes kick me out. So, I have to reboot the phone once it happens. This is annoying and I found out it has to do with their network, not the phone. (Several of my friends with other LTE units experienced the same on Telus LTE in Calgary area.)

mach10

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
The LTE network on Telus sometimes kick me out. So, I have to reboot the phone once it happens. This is annoying and I found out it has to do with their network, not the phone. (Several of my friends with other LTE units experienced the same on Telus LTE in Calgary area.)

Yeah it's happened to me in the vancouver area too

mishie

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm in Toronto and yes its common for me too to be booted off LTE from time to time. I don't always get a strong LTE signal. .I work downtown and live in thornhill

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Android Central Forums

TeknoBug

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I know this is an old thread but I also lose connection occasionally, just putting the phone into flight mode and turning the radio back on fixes it, it's annoying at times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty