[09/27] PWGB v2.0b3 + TKSGB [EH09] Voodoo OC/UV!

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
When u said wipe voltage with cwm u mean wipe dalvik rght?
My first tried, put the phone on instant safe mode. Fast but a bunch of the apps disappeared. Straight. Will need to retry.

No, not wipe dalvik. When you boot to CWM, if you have the proper CWM for this, and you scroll to advanced like you would to wipe dalvik cache, there will be an option in the advanced sub menu that says wipe voltage settings or clear voltage settings. If it's not there you will have to go into the voltage control app to clear your voltage settings.

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah sorry for not giving a link. I'm pretty happy where I am, but the temptation of BLN is calling.
I sometimes forget everyone doesn't check here, XDA and RootzWiki multiple times a day ...

Did you get this working and if so using what app? Seems people's success with it is varied.

Nsx93

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Nevermind. Found what i needed. Anyway, now google map is popping FC on me after flashing the new 10/27 kernal from page1. Any idea? Changing voltage value does not help.

Last edited:

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Just checking up on my PWGB peeps. I came back after just having to hard of a time keeping Resurrection from rebooting all the time. Damn shame as it's a beautiful mod - I do miss them TSM parts.

Thing is PWGB is stable and able - it works fantastically for me with no complaints. Right after I rebuilt EH03 dropped so I was tempted to go to Superclean EH03 but I'm going to let people marinate in EH03 for a while longer.

So - back to PWGB - Voodoo + imayosen 1.52 - new host file for ads - disabled screen shot - updated GB camera mod (to use power button as shutter) etc. Just running great. I have a hard time not jumping on the next big thing, but this combo is the best my phone has ever been without all the bells and whistles.

Any other tweaks or fixes I'm forgetting?

Last edited:

BigSwoe

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I agree icu. I initially was disappointed that ccampos has discontinued development on this rom but that is also a testiment to how great it is.

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Here's all the tweaks I did - I think I posted them elsewhere, but I think once you do these you are just about in Nirvana Nevermind the Bollocks.

Here's the camera replacement - [MOD][9/14/11][FIXED] GB Touchwiz (Stock/PW) Camera v1.0: Power Button->Shutter Key - xda-developers
Replacement hosts file for ad blocking xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM][i500][09/01][EH09][ODIN][2.3.4] PWGB v2.0b3 TW-Based ROM (works about 85% of the time)
Disabling starup/shutdown sounds xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM][i500][09/01][EH09][ODIN][2.3.4] PWGB v2.0b3 TW-Based ROM
Disabling screenshot (I use ES File Explorer, but same idea) xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM][i500][09/01][EH09][ODIN][2.3.4] PWGB v2.0b3 TW-Based ROM

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Just saw that OTA Gingerbread by Verizon is out. I don't think I am going to leave PWGB to go back to Verizon's bloated version unless it has some clear advantages

kevinbvw

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
has anyone noticed an issue with watching videos? i cant view any video period. no youtube no self shot video no streaming videos nothing. it starts to load with the spinning thing then it stops and pops up and says cant view video or something of that nature.

other than that this is the best my phone has ever performed. it is setup exactly how the op described to a T.

kevinbvw

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
ive narrowed it down to being an issue with the kernel. i had to reflash the rom and when i went into the phone with just the rom it would play video. as soon as i flashed the kernel it wont play video.

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Got to be kernel latest lean kernel breaks video whichbis why I am still running 1.52 and I'm happy as a clam.
SCH-I500 Tap, Tap, Taparoo

kevinbvw

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
found out that the dev. had updates on the kernel that i didnt see when i first installed this setup. i reflashed the 12.12 for eh09 and everything seems to be perfect now!!!

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
New leankernel for PWGB 2.2.0 that fixes video - just be sure to dload the EH version.

Only issue now is that the soft keys stay lit. If that gets fixed it'll be fantastic. Back to 1.5.2 for me lol - I really have no reason to leave, but 3rd party battery support would be nice.

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Ok ... sorry to bump but I think I'm going cookoo

So I'm wiping my screen off on my chest on the lock screen and a flashlight icon pops up and and the LED light turns on. WHAT!? This is great as I miss this feature from CM7, but I didn't know we had this. Thing is I can't replicate it with any button push or swipe. Only repeating the chest wipe turns on the light (which unfortunately just times out with the lock screen)

Anyone know the story on this? Are there settings buried somewhere for this? Am I crazy?

* wow guess latest version of LED Flashlight came with shake on lockscreen enabled...

Last edited:

taglish123

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Hello! I'm running TSM 2.0 with the KGB 1212 trickle kernel. I want to learn more on how to oc/uv using voltage control. What is the best way to learn with the least amount of headache? Is there a site dedicated to this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamsrdan