$120 off at Costco... any way to get this back?

ckstou

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If I understand the policy correctly, It's 90 days from the original purchase. You can exchange as many times as you like. You just have to pay the difference in price of the phones (or get a refund depending on the price of the new phone) The 14 days is for the plan not the phone - just like any VZW store. After 14 days if you want out you have to pay an ETF

ShiZero

May 28, 2011
alliszero.deviantart.com
Just got my Charge at Costco today, pretty happy with it so far. I'll know if I'm keeping it for sure tomorrow though, when I check for the 4G signal at work.

So is Costco's policy that you can keep returning the phone every 90 days for a new one? Or can you only do this once?

If you return the phone and get a new one, your original return policy still applies (as in, your new phone doesn't give you another 90 days to return. Otherwise you could get a new phone every 90 days forever).

shobuddy

May 9, 2011
Visit site
If I understand the policy correctly, It's 90 days from the original purchase. You can exchange as many times as you like. You just have to pay the difference in price of the phones (or get a refund depending on the price of the new phone) The 14 days is for the plan not the phone - just like any VZW store. After 14 days if you want out you have to pay an ETF

I'm glad to hear this. I picked up a Charge from there last Thursday and while its a nice phone, I think I want to try the Thunderbolt as well. The TB was my first choice but the battery life scared me off. I want to see for myself how the battery works. If its terrible, I will switch back to the Charge but I'm thinking I'll be happy with it.

MaxBuck2

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Don't have a picture, but I will confirm the price is available at the store itself, since that's where I got mine - for $179.

trk6640

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have a picture of the Charge's price in store next to the phone? Because Best Buy seems to think that this is an online deal only.

The online dealer and in-store dealer are two different companies. And it's not a sale, it's a coupon. You'd need to bring in the coupon from the June Costco book.

And while Costco matches others, others with price-match policies don't have to match Costco (so be nice), since there is a membership fee involved.

Bob1477

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I bought one before the coupon and one with the coupon. The $120 is off the $299. The $249 price was a prior $50 coupon, so the current coupon price is $179. Also, they charge sales tax on the $299 not the full retail price that Verizon charges which in California amounts to an additional $23 savings. They also give you a free bonus pack which includes a case, car charger and either a screen protector or headset.

As for the phone I purchased before the coupon, they did a "price adjustment" and refunded $70.

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone have a picture of the Charge's price in store next to the phone? Because Best Buy seems to think that this is an online deal only.

Do you have a Costco locally to you? Big box stores (Bestbuy, Frys, etc) won't consider price matching Costco as there is a membership involved.

saillling4life

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
The online dealer and in-store dealer are two different companies. And it's not a sale, it's a coupon. You'd need to bring in the coupon from the June Costco book.

And while Costco matches others, others with price-match policies don't have to match Costco (so be nice), since there is a membership fee involved.
Sorry, I meant to ask for the device next to the price.