128 gb card

Homer_Cooper

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Decided to order one.
Should have in the next day or so.
Wondering if I should format to fat32 or just transfer straight from the old card. Old card is a 64gb sandisc ultra formated as fat32.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Decided to order one.
Should have in the next day or so.
Wondering if I should format to fat32 or just transfer straight from the old card. Old card is a 64gb sandisc ultra formated as fat32.

My rule of thumb is very simple: format it in the device at the outset. Let the device pick what it wants. That has always produced the best results for me. Your mileage may differ!

BTW, here is something that might shed light on this:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...-sd-card-corruption-issues-3.html#post3719781

Last edited:

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Based on another thread in which it was claimed that Sandisk had addressed problems with Samsung by writing a patch to the new cards, I avoided formatting.

Just loaded (2) 128gb cards, one into my Note 2014 and one into my S4.

No problems.
Caveat:
---One oddity I noted, which I think is not a card issue per se but more a question of how Windows deals with the software that allows you to access the card when still in the phone , is that I notice trying to rename files with Win Explorer causes the screen to indicate a stall or delay at times. Copying works fine. Renaming or creating new folders is sometimes anomalous and I have to reload Win Explorer.

Everything works fine when the card is in a card reader or in the device using the device's native file manager, though. It is only Windows Explorer access when the card is in the phone that is sometimes a bit odd.

Little75057

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Well, I bought a 128GB MicroSD Card and inserted it. I was playing a game when the battery got low, and phone started getting very hot. I swiped everything from my screen, plugged the phone in and set it on the table. I waited about 30 minutes, then checked it again. It was still very hot, so I removed the battery. I let it sit unplugged and battery removed all night. This morning, I put it back together and plugged it in, but it started getting very hot again. I unplugged it, removed the 128GB SD card and plugged it in again. It's not getting hot and charging now.