1st Time Fold Owners....

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
Wondering how the experience has been for all you 1st time fold owners?

Mine has been nothing short of phenomenal. Im coming from an S22U and I can't put this thing down. Opening the screen for YouTube, movies, etc. has been the best experience. Camera is solid with the exception of Samsung's struggle with moving object photos, but it's not a deal breaker. Battery has been better than my S22U as well.

My teenage daughters who are iphone robots get embarrassed when I open it up for pictures of them, so that's been a plus as well... Good thing my youngest starts school tomorrow.

Phone is fire!

Anyone?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
First time Fold user coming from the S22U and Pixel 6 Pro.

I just received the phone Friday so through the weekend I've really enjoyed the Fold. Spent most of the weekend getting everything set up and getting used to the device. It's a big change coming from a regular phone but I really love the screen. Everything seems to be better using the larger screen from typing an email, social media, and reading news. The best was watching some college football on a big screen!

Some of my concerns before getting the phone were how it would feel in the hand and in my pocket and neither seems to be an issue. Another concern was the camera and it doesn't have the zoom the S22 did but the picture quality I'm seeing so far is great. The only thing I wish was better was the battery life but I'm using the larger screen probably 95% of the time and it's expected.

So I'd say so far I'm very pleased and happy with the change.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Some of my concerns before getting the phone were how it would feel in the hand and in my pocket and neither seems to be an issue. Another concern was the camera and it doesn't have the zoom the S22 did but the picture quality I'm seeing so far is great. The only thing I wish was better was the battery life but I'm using the larger screen probably 95% of the time and it's expected.

So I'd say so far I'm very pleased and happy with the change.

I think a lot of people's concerns you listed would not be a concern if they actually owned the device.

Glad you like it and hope it serves you well as my fold 2, 3, and now 4 served me.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Really enjoying my fold 4 ..it's just getting use to it...
Here iam using a good game of cricket on my fold 4
The big screen is big advantage for me for my work and play20220906_212512.jpg

jordans0nly

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Personally, if I had to turn off 5g, I'd get rid of the phone (and I really like this phone).
I agree. But I've read with T-Mobile that their 5g isn't that much greater in some spots than their 4g is. I love the phone, just battery life isn't that great.

And it doesn't seem to be a low level service wise. 5g doesn't penetrate the building that well where I work it seems.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I agree. But I've read with T-Mobile that their 5g isn't that much greater in some spots than their 4g is. I love the phone, just battery life isn't that great.

And it doesn't seem to be a low level service wise. 5g doesn't penetrate the building that well where I work it seems.

5G does not penetrate any building very well. There's such a massive upgrade to the cellular system needed to make 5G as good as 4G for signal strength. I personally don't see the need for this, 4G is just fine for phone usage IMO. Either way, 5G is a long ways off for those high speeds promised by 5G that is hard to find now. I wouldn't be afraid to turn 5G off at this point, I don't think you will miss a thing.

bxrider117

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
So I'm a 1sr time Fold owner. I decided too but a Fold 4 because the resale on line was super low in comparison to new even if with a trade in. I purchased the 256gb version for $1100 on eBay and I still have my s22 plus.

Today is my 1st day with the phone. I spentost of yesterday signing in to apps. So far I like the smaller size when it is closed. I thought it would have been larger from watching reviews. When I went to stores to try it there was always some sort of lock on it so I could never get a good feel. Just like the Fli 4 it feels solid but I'm going to pickup a case today.
Overall I'm liking it. I will see if it will replace my s22 and my Tab S8. I'm hoping it does.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
10 days using the fold 4 and experience is amazing...so many way to utilize the phone...when closed so easy to use one hand and get all basics tasks done
When needed bigger estate just open it and it's a whole new world
Multitasking is brilliant
I think animations are way smoother on the fold 4 than my S22 ultra
Love the flex mode to watch video or click pictures
Battery life has shocked me...
It's superb
Way better than My S22 ultra

mxmarcus

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually thinking opposite, getting a pixle for a back up. For me personally the fold is to expensive for a back up, it has to be my daily driver.
Yes, it is an expensive backup for now. I would prefer a Play Edition if available but for now I need to swap it and give it a try or sell it on swappa

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Are all of you folks with multiple phones single, lol?

I'm lucky to avoid a fight even when I buy from Swappa every 2 years, (and while no Zuckerberg, we're quite comfortable) ... she just considers it a complete waste of money when my current phone, whatever it may be at the time, still works.

Hell she was still rocking an LG V4 before AT&T gave her a Galaxy S10+ due to 5G coming, (which the LG V4 wouldn't support), lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz