2023 Razr real user reviews

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
My last 3 phones were pixels, so guess I got spoiled😉
I believe Moto still does the quarterly security updates... so you should get June/July/August sometime in August hopefully 🤞 There was a time years ago where I went almost a year with no security updates on my Moto X Pure Edition... but I do believe Moto is much better now. At least I hope so 😳

And yep Pixels, and even Samsung spoils us nowadays lol.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I believe Moto still does the quarterly security updates... so you should get June/July/August sometime in August hopefully There was a time years ago where I went almost a year with no security updates on my Moto X Pure Edition... but I do believe Moto is much better now. At least I hope so

And yep Pixels, and even Samsung spoils us nowadays lol.
I hope so too. That's the only thing that I disliked about Moto. I'd consider them again if this is improved.

darrinS

May 13, 2023
Visit site
some are reporting getting a july update, those who bought from t-mobile and other carriers (on reddit) but i bought unlocked from best buy and “thought” i would get quicker updates from moto. but i haven’t received the july update. 🥲

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I think you should get used to that.
Yeah I knew they would be slow in coming because , well, Moto. Just curious if others have seen any signs yet. Been about 12 years since my last Moto.
If Pixel made a flip I would have gotten it instead. Seems to be an awesome phone but not surprised at the delay. I'll take the good with the less good. ;)

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
some are reporting getting a july update, those who bought from t-mobile and other carriers (on reddit) but i bought unlocked from best buy and “thought” i would get quicker updates from moto. but i haven’t received the july update. 🥲
Yeah I bought direct from Moto (unlocked) and nothing yet. Still on May 1st.
I think you should get used to that.
Even Samsung, which is usually fast, typically is faster with updates for carrier than factory unlocked.

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
The UI on the Razr+ is very clean and similiar to a pixel experience. Zippy fast and doesn't throttle like Samsung devices. The difference is huge now that I have a device to compare.

Last edited:

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know what this "N" indicates in the notification bar?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230713-122846.png
    Screenshot_20230713-122846.png
    47 KB · Views: 15

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Are you running Android 14 beta? 14 = Android N. If not, maybe a setting you've changed in Developer options?
No, it's been like this since day one when I first took it out of the box. I'm not aware of Moto devices being able to run betas. I wish. Funny thing is, if you pull down the notification shade it doesn't show up although everything else does.

Mr. Lucky

Jul 25, 2023
Visit site
No, it's been like this since day one when I first took it out of the box. I'm not aware of Moto devices being able to run betas. I wish. Funny thing is, if you pull down the notification shade it doesn't show up although everything else does.
Hmm, interesting. Maybe it's not an "N"; maybe it's a lightning bolt symbol, meant to signify some sort of communication or tether connection. I have a VPN with a notification icon that doesn't show when the shade is pulled down but it's a profile view of a key, like you show next to the mystery icon.

Mr. Lucky

Jul 25, 2023
Visit site
👎🏻Thumbs down for the lack of timely security updates. Just noticed mine is from May 1st. Almost 3 months behind in security updating. Is this typical of Moto? I thought they were trying to do better.
I'm satisfied with their timeliness. Got my first update the day I received the phone, June 27th. Just received another Security update from Motorola a few minutes ago (August 2nd). New version: T1TZS33.3-62-25-1-3

Reactions: J Dubbs

darrinS

May 13, 2023
Visit site
the camera gets no love but for me it’s great. i have been more than happy with the photos i’ve shot of my family (kids and cats) indoors. which is never good light. IMG_20230801_194131625_Original.jpeg
this is a 100% crop.

Reactions: Mr. Lucky