4.2.2 and Bluetooth still not working

fdan100

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I just got the update to 4.2.2 and tested the bluetooth in my car. The calls sound a little bit better but still a problem. Still not seeing the caller id when receiving calls, something that works with every other phone but nexus 4. Wasn?t this supposed to be fixed already?

minhaferzz

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
It partially broke it for me. I can still stream audio, but it fails when trying to pair it as a phone. It was working before the update!!

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
since it is an intermittent issue it's obviously hard to see if it is fixed within a day or two, but so far I haven't had any trouble toggling bluetooth on and off.

It also seems to have fixed the stuttering audio issue for me as well, so hopefully I'm in the clear on bluetooth.

Ehud Reshef

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
on 4.2.2
I still have the same issues I had with 4.2.1 - my N4 does not auto-connects to my Car Handsfree - I need to initiate the connection manually from the phone.
The Car Kit works well with NexusOne and with the Galaxy S-II (i9100).

WOP_Drive

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
If the last Bluetooth connection was the same as the car, everything connects just fine automatically... but if I connect to another Bluetooth device in the interim, I have to manually select the car's Bluetooth. Not convenient!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

mmarkues

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Same here. Despite some improvement received calls still very low on volume, almost useless.
Other than that (music) seems fine.
Tested with Parrot Mki9100, my other phones work just fine..

Jerry088

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
It seems that Broadcom didn't do Android / Google any good. Still some people have connection problems, particularly in their cars.
Why changing a system - specifically bluetooth - that was stable previously? And the thing with the long toggle / normal toggle etc. seems to me like an emergency solution, lacking real usability, but just "forcing" something into place by a longer toggle. It's kind of clumsy. I will once more stick to my rock stable 4.1.1 (rooted Nexus 2) :cool:

Jerry088

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
on 4.2.2
I still have the same issues I had with 4.2.1 - my N4 does not auto-connects to my Car Handsfree - I need to initiate the connection manually from the phone.
The Car Kit works well with NexusOne and with the Galaxy S-II (i9100).

- - - - - - - - - -

Then go back to 4.1.x !! What's the use of hassling around with the latest software? It's a waste of time, isn't it?! I don't understand what Google is up to lately. Sorry to say this, but it's a mess, as far as Android is concerned.

Jerry088

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps the new 4.2.x software is really good for tablets. Who knows. I don't have one (I use a Windows 8 tablet), so I can't really judge that. For my phone though it's a real catastrophy, so that's why I am not going any further than 4.1.x. Android 4.1.1 and even 4.1.2 work like a charm on my Nexus 2. No problems whatsoever. So that's a really good product! But lately I think Android is ment for nerds / students / hobby technicians and so forth, but not for people who have to WORK with it. You really shouldn't publish a software that is causing so much trouble over several months. I would immediately throw out the guy who is mainly responsible for it. For this guy causes a global effect, creating a lot of dissatisfied customers.

Dominic Bennett

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Tried to turn Bluetooth on today to send a couple of files from my Mac to my phone. Bluetooth would not turn on on the Nexus 4. Had to reboot the phone, then it worked. Never had this trouble with my Nokia E5, which I am beginning to miss....

Nexus 4, Android 4.2.2.

Doc Marten

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
If it was software or patch related wouldn't everyone have a bluetooth issue? I can pair mine with my PC and use it no problems. Perhaps it's hardware related.

yubeie

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Post 4.2 upgrade..I experience a lot of crackling noises especially with my Car Audio. This did not exist in versions prior to 4.1. That being said, I've not experienced any pairing/drop issues.
The audio quality is bad and just too rough (for the lack of better word) for the ears. Atleast in 4.2.1 turning off WIFI would help. But 4.2.2 it does not make a difference anymore.

I really hope Google fixes this in a comprehensive manner in the upcoming versions instead of placing it on the back burner.

mikeBKK

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
My new Nexus 4 running 4.2.2 does not recognise any non Apple Bluetooth devices including a Sony Bluetooth headset and Jawbone speaker. I have followed all of Google's instructions multiple times with no luck. This must be a software issue otherwise the phone would not see the Apple devices. Are you listening Google?

Keith Smart

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Cannot believe that this so called flagship device cannot handle bluetooth connection to a car system. Only had it a week. Thinking of selling it and getting something that works. iPhone? Hate apple but at least my old 3G works so does my wife's, my sons and my daughters and all of my friends, who are now taking the p big style.

brynj

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Same problem here. Cannot pair headphones with Nexus 4 although work fine with Nexus 7.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Alpejohn

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I also have problems with BT.

It will pair (sometimes not) with ny bmw e39 bt hands free, but when it connects it disconnects and reconnects every 4 second..

I can use it with a "handheld" handsfree, if i can call it that, then i can play music and call.. But in the car it doesnt work..

A guy told me it was because google uses a ****ty bluetooth stack...

My s3 was working fine, but that was because samsung changed the stack to a broadcom stack or something...

Hope they fix it! I am P.O'ed at this!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
srk127