48 Hour Battery Life Test

Michael Reshetar

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
2013-08-29 10.59.04.png

I pulled it off the charger 2 hours ago at 95%. It's drained to 89% and I have only had the screen on for 2 minutes. I have LTE turned off and am just using 3G. Any idea what could be draining the battery so fast?

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
so you pulled the phone off the charger before it was done charging? if the battery isnt fully charged when you pull it off the charger the battery will rapidly deteriorate. i learned this on my gnex when i would charge for 30 minutes. when i pulled off the charger the battery would drop nearly back to where it was when i started charging it very quickly.

cmueske

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
On another thread peopel were saying that it took about a week to get the great battery life. If its brand new get a couple charge cycles on it that might help. Others were saying that after a few cycles they were getting much better battery results.

davinci27

May 23, 2011
Visit site
.... sorry for my skepticism, but usually when people complain about battery its because they unknowingly waste the battery or they are unaware of what actually matters when it comes to battery life.

No reason to apologize for skepticism. It's human nature to trust your appraisal of a situation over a strangers. I get the same thing every time I talk to a VZW rep and they suggest I factory reset (again). Or when I call because my Internet service is down and the guy on the other end refuses to listen to me until I unplug my modem (again). This is my 4th or 5th android phone and I've been using smart phones for more than 10 years. I had an eris years ago, so I understand trying to squeak the most you can out of a battery. I'm basing my comments on many years experience with phones. I was just expecting better battery based on other users reports, and my past experience with previous android batteries. I haven't counted out the phone. I'll give it a week or 2, and I'll probably try changing a few settings/apps to see if there is something that doesn't agree with the Maxx hardware. I was just chiming in incase there are other users who were having problems as well.

Michael Reshetar

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions. I will see what happens after a week or so and will make sure to charge it to 100% before I take it off the charger. I am just wondering why my wifi seems to be draining the battery so much. That doesn't seem normal.

Optimus Prune

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 78601

I pulled it off the charger 2 hours ago at 95%. It's drained to 89% and I have only had the screen on for 2 minutes. I have LTE turned off and am just using 3G. Any idea what could be draining the battery so fast?

It doesn't look like the battery is draining quickly from that screen shot, though. It says that you should expect another 49 hours of battery life.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

davinci27

May 23, 2011
Visit site
What would be awesome is if some of you guys that are getting the huge uptimes could post not just the main Gsams screen, but also the details under, Phone Radio, App Usage, and Screen. it would help us to make a more accurate comparison because we could really see your signal levels and screen brightness compared to ours.

viper81

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 78601

In gsam, hit preferences....for View Statistics Since, what do you have for that setting? Last unplugged vs last fully charged is a huge difference.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

viper81

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
If you set it to last unplugged, the total time of screen on can appear skewed. I always set mine to last full charge...maybe it's just me, but it makes more sense to have it set that way.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001