4a real world battery life

Doubleskeet

Nov 3, 2020
Visit site
I am having terrible battery usage with my 4a. I am on battery saver mode each night with minimal use of my phone. When I look at the Battery Usage chart in Settings it appears that Wi-Fi is using a lot of the battery. However, other apps don't seem to be running to warrant this high use. Anyone else having issues like this? Pic attached.

Screenshot_20201102-162451.jpg

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I am having terrible battery usage with my 4a. I am on battery saver mode each night with minimal use of my phone. When I look at the Battery Usage chart in Settings it appears that Wi-Fi is using a lot of the battery. However, other apps don't seem to be running to warrant this high use. Anyone else having issues like this? Pic attached.

View attachment 328501
No. Could there be a problem with your WiFi? Have you reset it?

Chuckcell

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday I delayed recharging my 4a for as long as I could. I got about 40 hrs out of a full charge till the battery saver mode kicked in.
I'd call myself a lite user, no games, no music, emails, SMS, and calls. Normally I make it thru the day and recharge over night or in idle mode during the day. The only thing I really monitor is the GPS/Maps use. That sucks battery power.

kbz1960

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Yesterday I delayed recharging my 4a for as long as I could. I got about 40 hrs out of a full charge till the battery saver mode kicked in.
I'd call myself a lite user, no games, no music, emails, SMS, and calls. Normally I make it thru the day and recharge over night or in idle mode during the day. The only thing I really monitor is the GPS/Maps use. That sucks battery power.
Thanks. All input is welcome.

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
I work from home and connected to my wifi 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I have Google FI using wifi calling, and mobile data turned off unless I go out to run errands.
Notice what app uses the most battery relative to time used... Google Chrome. Wifi usage doesn't even show up on the usage list, and some days I've been on Google Fi wifi phone calls totalling at least 3 hours a work day.
After taking it off the charger I don't have to recharge my phone until later the following day, and that is usually at about 30%.
This phone is a battery sipper (except for Chrome).
4bcdde0f0a0af3382f0f2c2334ddd0bf.jpg

kbz1960

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
I work from home and connected to my wifi 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I have Google FI using wifi calling, and mobile data turned off unless I go out to run errands.
Notice what app uses the most battery relative to time used... Google Chrome. Wifi usage doesn't even show up on the usage list, and some days I've been on Google Fi wifi phone calls totalling at least 3 hours a work day.
After taking it off the charger I don't have to recharge my phone until later the following day, and that is usually at about 30%.
This phone is a battery sipper (except for Chrome). //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201121/4bcdde0f0a0af3382f0f2c2334ddd0bf.jpg
Sounds good

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174