5G issues on AT&T with international version.

Kayza

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
I've got a couple of staff with Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra phones. We are on AT&T. I can't get 5G working on these phones. I finally was told what the proper APN settings for 5G are supposed to be, but we can't get the settings to stick.

Specifically, I can set up a new APN with all the settings except "mnc 410" (no quotes of course). If I try to set that and save the APN either it just doesn't save or the whole APN disappears. It's just bizarre.

Any ideas?

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
re: 5G idsues on AT&T with international version.

I've got a couple of staff with Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra phones. We are on AT&T. I can't get 5G working on these phones. I finally was told what the proper APN settings for 5G are supposed to be, but we can't get the settings to stick.

Specifically, I can set up a new APN with all the settings except "mnc 410" (no quotes of course). If I try to set that and save the APN either it just doesn't save or the whole APN disappears. It's just bizarre.

Any ideas?

That may simply be AT&T provisioning issue that might not be supported for that specific variant.

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Title says you're trying to use international version phones on AT&T, does this mean they did not originate from AT&T, or? I know AT&T can be particular about phones that didn't originate from AT&T itself on the 5G side, in some cases.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
But to actually attempt to answer the question. Exynos S21s don't support mmWave 5G, so that is *probably* your problem.

And if it is, there is no way to fix it.

Kayza

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
Title says you're trying to use international version phones on AT&T, does this mean they did not originate from AT&T, or? I know AT&T can be particular about phones that didn't originate from AT&T itself on the 5G side, in some cases.

Didn't buy from AT&T - I never do. But, AT&T says it should work.

Kayza

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
But to actually attempt to answer the question. Exynos S21s don't support mmWave 5G, so that is *probably* your problem.

And if it is, there is no way to fix it.
AT&T is not just mmWave. It doesn't do ANY 5G. As I said, it won't allow me to set up the APN, with no error message.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I wasn't looking for the international version, but that's what was available at the time - stock was an issue and B&H, which is generally very reliable, had these.
Ahh , there are other sources to purchase besides there like bestbuy, Amazon, Samsung.com , Carrier stores .

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
AT&T is not just mmWave. It doesn't do ANY 5G. As I said, it won't allow me to set up the APN, with no error message.

I'm guessing, but there's likely an APN whitelist that doesn't include your American carrier.

Basically the short answer is: it doesn't work because it's the international version.

I doubt you'll get any better an answer... But if you really want one, try asking at XDA.

Kayza

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
AT&T told me that this would do 5G, though not all bands.

At this point I'm trying to get a return from Samsung, but they are being obnoxious. I'm hoping that B&H will deal with it. At least they have been nice about it, but they need to get back to me.

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
AT&T told me that this would do 5G, though not all bands.

At this point I'm trying to get a return from Samsung, but they are being obnoxious. I'm hoping that B&H will deal with it. At least they have been nice about it, but they need to get back to me.

Unfortunately, I can only trust what’s in writing from all the carriers since that’s what they’ll point to in the end. Here’s the most current supported list but it’s a constantly moving target.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...locked-Devices-ATT-Network.pdf&token=-AYzHxOI

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred