6p.. headphone /earphone volume too low.....

GreetingsFromAP

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
I agree it is low. I tested it next to a S6 and the S6 output. I saw a posting, probably on Reddit that said exactly how much power the 6p put out through the headphone jack and it is definitely lower than most of the competition. Not sure how to increase it beyond that unless you switch to headphones with amplification.

KngR

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Yup a commented on this in another thread regarding horrible sound and low volume. I hope this is just a firmware issue. If not I may have to return the 6P for something else...ugh. I've also noticed a few pin like connectors within the 3MM jack. Is that normal or a defect?

Last edited:

tehbobs

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
What are you using to listen to music? Iv been listening through the amazon app and at near max/max volume it hurts my ears, iv been setting it at about 50% to be comfortable to me. Its decent quality, not the best, but not bad. It does lack the low end though.

I havent tried with bluetooth, there should be a difference if you use those instead.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Can you give an example? My Note 5 is crazy loud and I never go above 55-60% with headphones to keep from bleeding out of my eardrums. Lol

Posted via the Android Central App

atrixfll

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I was coming from a galaxy s6 .. and YES.. the headphone volume on the S6 was blasting... 6P ..not even close..

I was using Monster in ear sport headphones on Both devices....

Using Slacker and or Pandora same low earphone volume on the 6P

msnider23

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
This is my only real complaint with the phone. Bluetooth audio is great, but the headphone output is too low. My cars volume goes from 0-32 bluetooth audio plays great at right around 15 clicks. Using an Aux cable I have to push the volume up to 25 to achieve the same sound level

chrisexv6

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Listening right now via headphones (plugged into the jack) and its just...OK. My old phone is an LG G2 and it was capable of going higher than I would ever need it to so I would never really listen at 100% anyway.

100% on the 6P seems just a bit too quiet for me.......Im guessing Viper4Android can take care of it but bumping some levels up.

I havent tried via bluetooth yet

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Listening right now via headphones (plugged into the jack) and its just...OK. My old phone is an LG G2 and it was capable of going higher than I would ever need it to so I would never really listen at 100% anyway.

100% on the 6P seems just a bit too quiet for me.......Im guessing Viper4Android can take care of it but bumping some levels up.

I havent tried via bluetooth yet

My 6P just arrived, and this issue is definitely high on my list to test over the weekend. I'm also coming from a G2 and have never had any issue with volume.

As an aside, are you also finding it tough to not accidentally hit the power button and volume rockers on the 6P? I'm so used to them being on the back and being able to manhandle the phone however I want, I keep forgetting they're there. ;)

chrisexv6

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
My 6P just arrived, and this issue is definitely high on my list to test over the weekend. I'm also coming from a G2 and have never had any issue with volume.

As an aside, are you also finding it tough to not accidentally hit the power button and volume rockers on the 6P? I'm so used to them being on the back and being able to manhandle the phone however I want, I keep forgetting they're there. ;)

Rockers arent an issue for me. Though I do miss the rear setup from the G2. And the double tap to wake (although that seems to be fixed with new kernels)

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Rockers arent an issue for me. Though I do miss the rear setup from the G2. And the double tap to wake (although that seems to be fixed with new kernels)

Are you saying, by chance, that that update you get out of the box added double tap to wake? Cuz, yeah, that's something I'm definitely gonna miss.

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
the headphone output is just enough at full blast to drive my IEM's - the amazing Dunu DN-2000J's - to an acceptable volume. But these are super low impedance phones plus they isolate a bunch of noise with a good seal. It's not loud enough for me at least to power say the Senn Momentums while riding a loud subway for example. I would want another couple notches of volume. Or I use the Fireeye amp, it's tiny but still should not be needed.

I'll keep the phone but it's just unfortunate. We replace a camera and an mp3 player with our phones these days, so it's a simple concept to make sure the phone does both those things well. Oye Google.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I was coming from a galaxy s6 .. and YES.. the headphone volume on the S6 was blasting... 6P ..not even close..

I was using Monster in ear sport headphones on Both devices....

Using Slacker and or Pandora same low earphone volume on the 6P

If you listen to music while working out mostly I would definitely get bluetooth buds like a Jaybird or bluetooth headsets. Aside from apparently sounding better on the 6P. It is much more functional while working out and running and not getting tangled in wires.

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Mine arrived yesterday, and I've tested it with headphones and bluetooth speakers, as well as streaming music, and all sounds great. Plenty of volume. I was really concerned after reading this thread, but it's perfectly fine. Strange that there are problems with some devices but not others.

chrisexv6

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Unless some phones are being made with a different headphone amp, even all of the professional reviews have mentioned the headphone output is a bit low. There is a chart roaming around somewhere that lists the output power of various phone headphone jacks and the N6P was low on the list.

farb12

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Is your guys headphone jack really easy or hard to plug-in. I have a set of iPhone earbuds and they don't seem to plug in all the way and I can't get any audio out of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjogi3777