7 Pro- is it still a great phone?

guitardoc64

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm amazed at the longevity of the 7 Pro. I'm still rocking the stock OS, still not rooted and I literally have a very few problems. All the problems date to the Android 11 update but it's still a very useable phone. I'm literally 3 payments away from paid off and the only thing keeping me from the Pixel 6 Pro is the problems people are reporting.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm amazed at the longevity of the 7 Pro. I'm still rocking the stock OS, still not rooted and I literally have a very few problems. All the problems date to the Android 11 update but it's still a very useable phone. I'm literally 3 payments away from paid off and the only thing keeping me from the Pixel 6 Pro is the problems people are reporting.
Same here my 1+7 T pro McLaren 5G is awesome

mikey1273

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Security updates used to be bi monthly on my unlocked 7,pro now quarterly too. They say it's going to get android 12 in the first half of 2022 but I hear that it will be with Oppo colorOS not OxygenOS anymore.
My screen has burn marks in the notification area and in the keyboard area too. The battery also seems to not last like it used to. Other than that it still works well.

guitardoc64

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
It's still good. Paid off and waiting for my pixel 6 Pro to replace it but it will stay on for at least an emergency backup. Screen and everything else is pristine since I've had it cased since day one.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Security updates used to be bi monthly on my unlocked 7,pro now quarterly too. They say it's going to get android 12 in the first half of 2022 but I hear that it will be with Oppo colorOS not OxygenOS anymore.
My screen has burn marks in the notification area and in the keyboard area too. The battery also seems to not last like it used to. Other than that it still works well.
OnePlus is still releasing security updates every other month, the latest happened about four weeks ago (February patch). This last week a Closed Beta started for Android 12 and it's expected to have a public build in a month or two. Carriers are responsible for the updates on their branded devices and some of them are still stuck in Android 10.

No, International OnePlus devices won't have ColorOS and they will still run Oxygen OS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chibisaurus