a few questions about my Samsung 10e

johnny789

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
Hi all, I have a couple of questions about my new Samsung S10e.

1. When on the phone, the screen blanks and I can’t get it back without disconnecting it. How do I change it so that it doesn’t blank out

2. How do I change individual sounds for each notification item? In other words, I want to set a ring tone for new email but different from text messages

3. How do I assign the Bixby button to something else? I keep hitting that button when I take pictures.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! For the screen blanking issue, that's most likely due to something blocking the proximity sensor. This can be due to a poorly fitting screen protector or case, or due to some grim on the screen overlying the sensor.

For the notification tones, go to Settings>Apps, select the app you want, then Notifications, and find the option there to change the tone for that app.

I'll see if @mustang7757 can help more as well.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
1. Blanks out no dialer pad or anything? You using on speaker phone ? Check your case not blocking proximity sensor or screen protector

2. Long press that app >tap info>scroll to notifications sound and choose

3. Setting>advance features >side key

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When I first bought my S10, I too accidentally press my Bixby button - often when I'm trying to power down/restart my phone or when I'm trying to launch my camera app.

Due to this mishap, I've rerouted my "Bixby" button to now launch my camera app. Perhaps that would be a convenient reroute for you, as well?

Let us know if you need anything else! :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej