A New LG G4 Owner; Went In To Buy a Note 4, But Came Out With A G4.

richs10

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I just moved up to an LG S4 from a Galaxy S4. What a beautiful phone! I also went for the Quick Circle Case which I really like too. (with the replacement back that also adds wireless charging). This has been a big change for me since I've been with Samsung since moving from Blackberry some years ago. I first had a Samsung Droid Charge, then a Galaxy S3 and finally an S4. I still believe the Galaxy S3 and S4 were (and still are) some of the best phones made in the last few years, so I thought I'd be with Samsung for a long time to come. But the recent decisions to seal the battery, remove the data slot, and hike the prices of the 64 gig and 128 gig Galaxy S6, were too much. I'm not sure who is out of step....me or them. Guess sales will ultimately tell. I seriously looked at the Note 4, but the G4's curved form and almost as big screen, just hit all my buttons.

It's weird having to learn a new android launcher (since I've used Nova Launcher on all my Sammies) but after a few days with the stock G4, I think I'll stay with LG's launcher for a while. Surprisingly, for a stock launcher, it's not bad at all.

There's a lot to learn and I've found a good place to start are with YouTube videos. Some good and some very bad! But you get a lot of info from them.

Rich

Last edited:

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Congrats on the upgrade to a G4, you should qualify for a leather back and battery promo if you purchase one by July 31st. I got an extra battery and 32 gb sd card with my purchase in June.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

robert_in_la

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Nice. I just picked up an G4 today... its my first Android phone in 5 years. I was leaning towards the S6 but I noticed that T-Mobile had the G4 on sale for $479.00 which made a it no brainer to grab.

richs10

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had any regrets so far. The more I use it, the more I like it. As Jag21979 mentioned above don't forget the free battery, charger and leatherback promo at LG.com. Nice little bonus.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbloom