ad just popup on home screen

hendrikbez

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
From yesterday, when I am on my home screen every few minutes an "ad" is just popup to show the ad, did force stop a lot of apps and deleted about 20 apps, but the app is still showing every tine, how can I get rid of it or stop , as I can do nothing when it just pop up.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The next time this happens, go to your App Overview and see if that ad shows up there. If so, look at the app that's responsible.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I did search but cannot find app overview in s22
App Overview is the same as Recent Apps. If you're using button navigation, tap the square button. If you're using gesture navigation, swipe up from the bottom of the screen about halfway and keep your finger on the screen until you see the app overview appear.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
From yesterday, when I am on my home screen every few minutes an "ad" is just popup to show the ad, did force stop a lot of apps and deleted about 20 apps, but the app is still showing every tine, how can I get rid of it or stop , as I can do nothing when it just pop up.
i encountered a similar situation a while back - an ad would pop up with music. i checked all my third party apps and was not able to determine which app was the culprit. in the end, i gathered it must have been some virus after i installed certain third party app, i bited the bullet and did a factory reset.

now everything is back to normal. factory reset would be your LAST option if nothing else works.