Admit it - you judge people by their phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
No, I try not to waste time making assumptions about why certain people decide to use a specific phone. I have friends and family that have more than enough money to buy the best flagship devices but they still use basic flip phones because they don't have any social media accounts and/or don't want the potential distractions from owning a smartphone.

lions_lair

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
No. Tell me 3 things a Note can do. But things I actually can understand. Because pardon me, but my friends told me that an Iphone was the best phone in the world. And they said it's a fact, not an opinion. Even though I admit they had no reasoning.
S pen, fast charging, wireless charging, multi tasking you know open 2 browsers at once on the same screen, scroll the page by tilting the phone, when playing a video pause it by turning the phone over, wave my hand over the phone to scroll through pictures, wave my hand over the phone to answer it or flip it to reject the call, use a different launcher if you don't like the one that came with, move my icons to where I want them, put everything I want in folders on the home screen so I seldom have to leave the home screen, one handed mode, screen will stay on as long as I'm looking at it, it will pause a video if I look away from it.
Do I need to go on?

Swaggy P

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
No, I try not to waste time making assumptions about why certain people decide to use a specific phone. I have friends and family that have more than enough money to buy the best flagship devices but they still use basic flip phones because they don't have any social media accounts and/or don't want the potential distractions from owning a smartphone.

But what if they're lost or want to find somewhere to go or get the news on something when they're out? Don't people make fun of them?

Swaggy P

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
S pen, fast charging, wireless charging, multi tasking you know open 2 browsers at once on the same screen, scroll the page by tilting the phone, when playing a video pause it by turning the phone over, wave my hand over the phone to scroll through pictures, wave my hand over the phone to answer it or flip it to reject the call, use a different launcher if you don't like the one that came with, move my icons to where I want them, put everything I want in folders on the home screen so I seldom have to leave the home screen, one handed mode, screen will stay on as long as I'm looking at it, it will pause a video if I look away from it.
Do I need to go on?

Well, the fast charging is good. But I don't see how the other functions make a difference. In fact, seems like a lot to learn & remember.

lions_lair

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Well, the fast charging is good. But I don't see how the other functions make a difference. In fact, seems like a lot to learn & remember.
Wow, if you think that's a lot to remember and learn, I must ask, what do you do for a living? Because there is nothing complicated, about a phone or it's functions.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
But what if they're lost or want to find somewhere to go or get the news on something when they're out? Don't people make fun of them?
They use their car GPS or text for directions if they get lost. Some people don't need 24/7 instant access to directions and news. Only time I really made fun of someone about a phone was when my cousin got a S4 zoom because it's kind of a ridiculous device.

lions_lair

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Just seems like it does the same functions, just in different, fancy ways.
The iphone has no personalization. And no, the note series does more, not just the same thing differently, and fancier. You must be an iPhone user. Because if you weren't, you would definitely know the differences in the 2 platforms. An iPhone user does it however apple tells them to. An android user, does the phone, THE WAY THEY WANT TO. Android is completely customizable. Apple not so much. Your friends, that told you iphone was the best phone, lied to you, and are technologically impaired, in my opinion.

Swaggy P

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Yep. It was looking that way on and off. Some kids having a laugh. It raised a mildly interesting discussion though so no one should feel duped.

There were at least two threads.

I can assure you that there is no trolling. I have however turned into kind of a monster though. My friend have a big influence on me and now I'm just obsessed with phones. Because phones and your tech gadgets are the new status symbols. I actually came here on the Android before I got my 6s. But I still want to learn and see what other people think about phones.

Swaggy P

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
The iphone has no personalization. And no, the note series does more, not just the same thing differently, and fancier. You must be an iPhone user. Because if you weren't, you would definitely know the differences in the 2 platforms. An iPhone user does it however apple tells them to. An android user, does the phone, THE WAY THEY WANT TO. Android is completely customizable. Apple not so much. Your friends, that told you iphone was the best phone, lied to you, and are technologically impaired, in my opinion.

Yea, I've heard that. I don't know what you mean by personalization. I just want a phone to do what it's supposed to do. Isn't that the most simple? How much do u want to personalize it? What are you personalizing?

Yea, I'm an iphone user but I did want a galaxy s6 edge until the manger there told me it would be too complicated for me.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I can assure you that there is no trolling. I have however turned into kind of a monster though. My friend have a big influence on me and now I'm just obsessed with phones. Because phones and your tech gadgets are the new status symbols. I actually came here on the Android before I got my 6s. But I still want to learn and see what other people think about phones.
I probably mistakenly inferred from the Trolling comment that this was a wind up, not an Apple fan amusing themselves.

I guess there's a section of our society where image is everything, and people have the money to change at a whim.

If you want to find out about Android devices, you're not listening to the replies OP. If you want a stylish Android device but don't care what it can or cannot do, there are a few nice models out there.
But if they won't fit in with your iPhone friends and that disturbs you, then you are going around in circles.

How about an Android based Blackberry Priv?
It's only in black though, afaik.

csb5731

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
So someone that has a a phone from 3 years ago, either is poor, or just doesn't care about technology. Chances are that they don't just have an old phone because they love their old phone more. Either way, it tells a lot about a persons lifestyle and how they value technology. It doesn't change whether or not they are a good person.

But people with flip phones and dumb phones are either really poor, or are hippies. Or they're really old fashioned and out of touch. So yes, I would say that I judge people for their phone. That was why I bought an Iphone 6s. I really liked that Samsung s6 galaxy edge and the way it looked. But deep down I knew that the iphone was the one being endorsed by celebrities and I didn't want my friends to give me fits. I wanted to have a cool device. Sadly, I admit our phones are becoming who we are.

PS: on the other hand I have another friend who hates iphones with a passion. Every time he sees someone with one, he makes a bold comment on what he thinks about iphones. He has a strong passion for hating iphones.

Actually, I judge people who consciously buy things because of a celebrity endorsement or to mimic celebrities.

I judge people who stare at their phone 24/7 even when they are at restaurants/clubs/sporting events/work checking Facebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edneil1967