adobe error?

jskinvest

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Every once in a while my phone will go to a white screen and at the very top it says: "https://sp.auth.adobe.com/" It will last for a few seconds then go away. Does anyone know what this is? It has been happening more frequently and it is annoying.

stevetaz

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Looks like an app may be trying to connect to an Adobe server and either using an authorization or looking for an authorization. The sp may be "SharePoint", but I am really not sure. Do you have Microsoft365 installed or maybe a work app from your job? Are you backing up to a cloud server? If so, which one?
Perhaps you have an app running in the background that is trying to "phone home"?
What are you doing when you see this? Using an app or a game?
Have you recently added a new app or changed permissions for an app?

Reactions: B. Diddy

jskinvest

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Looks like an app may be trying to connect to an Adobe server and either using an authorization or looking for an authorization. The sp may be "SharePoint", but I am really not sure. Do you have Microsoft365 installed or maybe a work app from your job? Are you backing up to a cloud server? If so, which one?
Perhaps you have an app running in the background that is trying to "phone home"?
What are you doing when you see this? Using an app or a game?
Have you recently added a new app or changed permissions for an app?
No don't have Microsoft 365 installed. Backing up to Samsung and google drive. Have not noticed if there is a specific app I am using when it happens. Have not added new app or changed permissions. I just rebooted to see if that helps. If not, is there a way to find the app causing it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The next time this happens, try bringing up the App Overview/Recent Apps, and see if that screen shows up there. If so, what app is shown as responsible?

Reactions: stevetaz

jskinvest

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
The next time this happens, try bringing up the App Overview/Recent Apps, and see if that screen shows up there. If so, what app is shown as responsible?
It just happened. It was doing that on the ESPN app. I don't even think the app was open or at least I wasn't using it when it happened. Any advice?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You don't happen to have a screenshot of that, do you? You're saying that when you went to the App Overview, the screen with the Adobe thing showed that it was the ESPN app?

This thread says that it's an authentication service for streaming apps to verify that you have a proper subscription: That would make sense with ESPN, since it can play videos, and I assume you can also watch games if you subscribe to ESPN+ or something like that.

Is there anything in the ESPN app where you can confirm a subscription? Also, do you have any ad-blockers installed?

jskinvest

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
You don't happen to have a screenshot of that, do you? You're saying that when you went to the App Overview, the screen with the Adobe thing showed that it was the ESPN app?

This thread says that it's an authentication service for streaming apps to verify that you have a proper subscription: That would make sense with ESPN, since it can play videos, and I assume you can also watch games if you subscribe to ESPN+ or something like that.

Is there anything in the ESPN app where you can confirm a subscription? Also, do you have any ad-blockers installed?
Unfortunately no screenshot. But when I went to recent apps like you suggested the ESPN app icon was at the top of that adobe message. It was the first app listed which is weird since I never opened the app myself. I do belong to ESPN plus and I am always logged in. Also I have no ad blockers installed. Any suggestions?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try clearing the app cache/data for ESPN in Settings>Apps, then open it again and sign back in. See if comes back afterwards.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Try looking in device care for unusual apps or crashing
41ba8381c385dd158b006f8357571e96.jpg
cb99ccf76cd6949aa33b4d485a9da117.jpg

jskinvest

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Just happened again and ESPN again was the culprit. Here is a screenshot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240103_133558_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20240103_133558_One UI Home.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 12

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In the ESPN app settings, is there an option to open links from within the app (as opposed to opening links in the browser)?

You mentioned that you're not using any ad-blockers. How about a VPN, or a custom DNS server?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes I do have that checked off to open supported links and no I do not have a VPN or custom DNS server. I cleared data and cache yesterday so maybe that will help. We will see.
Turn that toggle on, in case the browser you're using is causing the problem. (Incidentally, which browser do you use? Chrome, Samsung Internet, or something else?)

jskinvest

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Turn that toggle on, in case the browser you're using is causing the problem. (Incidentally, which browser do you use? Chrome, Samsung Internet, or something else?)
Sorry my answer was confusing. I said I do have it checked off....I just changed it to I have it checked. It was always on, never off.