After 1 week, I might go back to iPhone. Here's why...

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't fit in your pocket?

You're either a really tiny guy or you wear women's jeans.

I get text messages popping up when I receive them, why aren't you? Install Handcent SMS

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Lol I can fit a Nexus 7 in my pocket... it's ugly and nerdy and awesome, also uncomfortable. Not sure why anyone would have a problem with a phone.

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I don't see any reason why the default out-of-the-box Android experience couldn't be as good or better than the iPhone. The vast majority of people won't root, or use custom ROMs, or maybe even add widgets. The power and flexibility of Android would be even BETTER if it's default implementation was awesome. Haven't people learned from Apple?!

You keep saying the same thing over and over again. The bottom line is that you want Android to work identical to iPhone (at least this is how it sounds from your posts). So why did you switch?... Especially if even the size isn't right?

The beauty of Android is that it is NOT what iPhone is. And I'd hate to see it become what an iPhone is.

Like someone said, the "out of box" experience is better on Android... at least that's what Android users think. How can someone not know what a widget is if out-of-box Android come with widgets on the main screen (Nexus has them on multiple screens)?
Actually, there isn't such a concept on iPhone as out-of-box because there is very little you can do to iOS so any iPhone always remains "out-of-box" no matter what you do. Changing wall paper is not customization.

So yeah, I think you just need to go back to an iPhone.

I agree that GS4 may be a little overwhelming with all the settings and I only got it because there isn't anything better on Verizon. Otherwise I'd get Nexus 4 (my favorite experience). But I will be installing Google ROM as soon as it's available.
But if you don't care about settings, just don't use them.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Some of you need to realize that the OPs post is not a guy attacking your kids with a chain saw, you know? It's just a phone, remember? I promise you a better one IS going to come along and very likely before the end of this year. So why the defensiveness?

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't fit in your pocket?

You're either a really tiny guy or you wear women's jeans.
You're a tiny guy compared to me. If you've seen The Avengers movie then you know who I am. I was the guy with the green skin.

Some of you need to realize that the OPs post is not a guy attacking your kids with a chain saw, you know?

you sure about that?
$(KGrHqV,!iEE-noY4wwUBPzwiZBc!!~~60_35.JPG

McSkullough

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Only reading the original post, I'd think that a jailbreak iPhone would fit your needs perfectly.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

McSkullough

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
On a side note, why when someone says a phone is too big or it doesn't fit in their pocket, do people constantly say "Your hands/pants are too small!" That's dumb.

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
You need to do what business users do now days like me. Get a blackberry with keyboard a hundred times better for emailing constantly and texting then a personal phone like the one or s4 badass phone for anything else you could ever want to do. I picked the one because I love HTC and it fit in my hand better. I don't think there will ever be the most perfect phone ever without any tweaks needed ever.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Wtf kind of pants do you wear that you can fit a nexus 7 in them ???? Parachute pants ?!?!?!

nj1266

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Only reading the original post, I'd think that a jailbreak iPhone would fit your needs perfectly.

That is what I posted as well. The OP says he is technically savvy, then surely he can jailbreak his phone. He will still keep IOS and get the freedom that he wants. I cannot imagine having a non jailbroken iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone 7

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Eh idk I jailbroke my iPhone 5 and it still took me weeks to tweak it to my liking. He was saying he doesnt want to have to do all this tweaking to his phone.

Idk

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Can you share any of the specific apps or settings that you found valuable?

I recommend you still go with the HTC One..Just about all reviews have the HTC One the best phone out and possible the best Android device ever. In the long run you will get tired of the bogged down and laggy software of the Galaxy line. This coming from the owner of G2, G3, GN1 and GN2.

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't see any reason why the default out-of-the-box Android experience couldn't be as good or better than the iPhone. The vast majority of people won't root, or use custom ROMs, or maybe even add widgets. The power and flexibility of Android would be even BETTER if it's default implementation was awesome. Haven't people learned from Apple?!

The S4 still commands a great price on craigslist. Keep it in pristine shape then sell it to get the One or trade it.

A female friend of mine got the S4 a week before me, and I talked to her yesterday and looked at her phone. She hadn't customized anything, other than install a few apps. She didn't even know widgets existed!

I haven't heard an official release date on the HTC One for Verizon yet. I have 5 days to return my S4, so that's not going to work. And I'm not going to buy it full price! So I don't think it's going to be an option, unfortunately. :(

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Too Funny.
You need to go back.. It's as simple as that. As an Engineer, you did not check these things out before you re-signed a contract? All the reviews on the web.. breaking down EVERY aspect of the Samsung Galaxy S4.. And you still act as if you were blindly given this phone as a gift.. :)
SOMETHING pulled you to the Samsung Galaxy S4.. or you would have waited another 90 days for the iPhone 6.. You just sound frustrated that it's not as simple as an iphone.. So, if it's just too much then go back.. but it's certainly not too big for an average man or woman to use.. I own a Galaxy Note (Rooted 10 mins out of the box) and a iPad Mini ( Jailbroken with Evasion on Day 1) so I see both sides.. 30 MILLION PEOPLE JAILBROKE THEIR iPhones & iPads THE FIRST WEEK!!! so... what does that tell you.. They wanted an "Android Experience" but for you, it just seems way to much to handle.. Sorry but it's the truth.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
You need to do what business users do now days like me. Get a blackberry with keyboard a hundred times better for emailing constantly and texting then a personal phone like the one or s4 badass phone for anything else you could ever want to do. I picked the one because I love HTC and it fit in my hand better. I don't think there will ever be the most perfect phone ever without any tweaks needed ever.

Did you know the world texting champion used an Android and SwiftKey?

Sent from my Nexus 4

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I did not very interesting I'll restate then personally for comfort not speed blackberry keyboards are still preferred

McSkullough

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Did you know the world texting champion used an Android and SwiftKey?

Sent from my Nexus 4

Did you know he's not the world texting champion? Therefore, he doesn't have the same dexterity, hands, or capabilities as that person. So maybe he's faster with a physical keyboard as opposed to an on-screen one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201