After used S8+ Can you go back to old design phone?

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I've had Samsung phones since the Note 1 upgrading basically every year since now with a S8+ from a S7 Edge from a Note 7 and this is one amazing device hands down the best one yet. Can't wait to see what the Note 8 brings to the table this Fall.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I think note 5 was one of my favorites but with it being 2 years old now, non removable battery I don't miss it that much. I've tried out so many phones and the 8Plus is easily one of the best ever

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I could go back to my s 7 edge if I had to with no issues. I would just miss the size of the s8+ and the iris scanner. Other than that my s 7 edge is still good enough to use again.

Last edited:

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I can't go back to older designs. I always liked the look of iPhone and thought it was nicely designed. I put my 6s plus( as I like to say the 6plus 6s plus and 7 plus they are the exact same lol) this phone makes that phone look so out dated. My last Android was the mate 9( returned to get the s8+) even that phone just now looks so out dated next to this device. I wasn't a fan of the curved screen but honestly I don't even noticed it anymore.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I was using the iPhone 7 Plus the last several months and after using the S8+ for the last week or so, it makes my 7 Plus look ancient. I'm not sure I can go back to a phone with huge bezels anymore.

tcjohnsson

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Would love this phone much more if the screen wasn't curved. The curved edges capture and reflect all the background lights creating an annoying and constant glare. The phone has a perfect form factor but the curved screen ruins it for me. Hoping that Samsung ditches the curve on the next iteration.

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Would always go back to the iPhone but this phone has kept my interest. I really hope I stick with it for the Long haul. I just had phone ADD.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I was using the iPhone 7 Plus the last several months and after using the S8+ for the last week or so, it makes my 7 Plus look ancient. I'm not sure I can go back to a phone with huge bezels anymore.

Same here.....When I use my 7+ or Pixel XL, it seems like step backwards for me.

jpriest007

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I like the S8+ but I do miss my Note 4. I was going to get the 7. I was trying to wait for the 8 but the probable late October early November release date was too far off. Since my Note 4 battery was beginning so it's age. Depending on how this phone ages I might switch to the note 8 or just wait for the 9.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't know it just myself after 2 weeks with my S8+ and I get used to aspect ratio and S8+ design when I look back to other phone (my OnePlus 3T black) I feel like I can't go back to the old 2016 design anymore. Anyone feel the same?

I'm fine with the aspect ratio and more narrow phone. I just don't like the curves that serves no purpose and makes it difficult to install aftermarket accessories such as screen protectors.