Alll these belt-clip cases, and all so similar, any suggestions which to choose?

Cyber Akuma

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Ok, currently I have an HTC M8, and I have been using the i-Blason case for it:
https://www.amazon.com/i-Blason-Hol...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5299333

It was EXACTLY what I was looking for, protects the phone, adds grip, does NOT have a built-in screen protector, and can clip to my belt. The only issue I had is that my first one broke... and I-Blason claimed the warranty only applied if you bought it from their site, not Amazon... but Amazon themselves honored i-Blason's warranty for me.

Anyway, since I am going to upgrade to the HTC M10, I wanted to find a similar case, but ran into some confusion.

First, there is this one:
https://www.amazon.com/HTC-Case-LV-...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5299333

It looks exactly like the i-Blason case, but is not made by them and is quite cheaper... and I tried to find i-Blason's, I found this:
https://www.amazon.com/i-Blason-Kic...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5299333

That's their brand, but it looks nothing like what they made before. The reviews aren't as stellar as the cheaper one from another brand that looks like their old model either.

In fact, the original model design seemed to have a LOT of copycats:
https://www.amazon.com/Holster-Prot...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5299333

In fact, trying to search for "HTC M10 i-blason" on Amazon, instead of getting you that second link, gets you dozens of the same case in different colors by these guys:
https://www.amazon.com/Evocel®-Gene...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5299333

And this has pretty much been my experience with trying to find a case with a belt-clip for the HTC M10, a ton of copycats of the i-blasion M8 design, and I honestly can't tell which one, if any, is good or if the i-blasion brand itself is any good or garbage.

Any suggestions? Or even possible opinions from anyone who got such a case or something similar? I couldn't even find anything by Otterbox, but I doubt I would buy one of those again due to the permanently attached screen protector and the price. I just want a case that protects the phone, adds grip (that M8 was slippery on it's own), and has a belt clip.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I had a Sideo (sp?) on another HTC and it was the best case I ever had, by far. Felt like something built for batman with it's rubberized, form-fitting bumpers.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
You are correct, the built in screen protector sucks. That's why I remove it, and put on a Tempered Glass Screen Protector, that, with the defender case is amazing.

Indyrobb

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
When J had the A9 we had a heck of a time finding a GOOD case and holster and after several months seidio finally came out with their surface line for it. Then of course he (I) upgraded him to the htc 10 and thankfully seidio had one ready right away. They really are some of the best cases, at least for holster combos.

I think we went thru 5 cases trying to find one that worked for the A9 and was decent protection. That was lots of money, but those phones are so darn slippery!

crackedshel

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I asked Seidio if they were going to come out with a holster for the Surface case for the 10 and they said they were not planning on it. I was hoping that would be the best option so I am still looking.

Indyrobb

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I asked Seidio if they were going to come out with a holster for the Surface case for the 10 and they said they were not planning on it. I was hoping that would be the best option so I am still looking.

I'm sorry, you're right! We did have to use his holster from the A9 for his 10 because they didn't make one specifically for it. And I see they no longer sell a holster for the A9 either. I wonder if the m9 holster would work?

They seem to be very wishy washy here lately on their decisions with what they carry. I wanted to get a case for my nexus 6p,but there are lots of complaints concerning the buttons and have been the months - and they haven't updated the design nor will they admit an issue with it.

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
The Evocel is a nice case for $10 shipped but it's not the same quality of an OtterBox. I believe it provides adequate protection for the phone. It's a full silicone case over the phone with the hard plastic over the top of it. I would prefer it was all silicone on the back. It does not add as much bulk to the phone as an OtterBox. Belt clip is not as heavy duty as an OtterBox but seems to be pretty tough. It is a little hard to unclip the phone from the belt clip but may get easier with use. Overall I think it's a nice case and at $10 I went ahead and ordered 2. I am going to use it for a few weeks and see how it holds up before I decide if I want something different.

Edit: does not have covers for headphone jack or charging port.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

Cyber Akuma

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Sadly, Otterbox is not an option as they don't seem to make anything for the HTC 10, on top of that, I wouldn't want one anyway due to the built-in screen protector.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smita05