Alright, who's eyeing this bad boy?

Jules_Winnfield

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
[url]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a264/bhdstinger/image_zpsac5ec166.jpg[/URL]

Probably means nothing but Verizon likes to launch phones on Thursdays. Look at the date on the phone.

Actually, it makes a lot of sense. If I'm not mistaken, the phone is expected to launch in September for most carriers. Verizon getting it a month late is nothing new, it's par for the course for them. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if they launched it in October instead of September.

jamie

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I agree. $199 & $249 sounds like what it will be. I would rather it be cheaper but meh.

Posted via Android Central App

Chiplg

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
. . .AT&T's at least looks like the Death Star and I can put a case on it and it's gone. Verizon is all over this like a bad night of hard liquor and the regrets the morning after.

Please stop. My sides are hurting! Haha!

I have not issue with logos, but the one on the front looks like the work of a high school student. "Yay! I made it fit!"

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
We know almost everything about it. The screen, the specs, the extra stuff.

Who wants one? Or will you still go with the One, S4, or even the Moto X?

I'm a spec guy, so from that perspective it has me intrigued. It needs to do something that my One can't do for me to want it bad enough to get it, though. I'm hoping that camera performance is awesome, because that's been a sore spot for LG for a little while now, and is the one area they consistently stumble.

TWO posts - ONE phone...I think YOU are excited!

Actually, since the Nexus 4, I'm a fan of LG displays, and I'm sure this one won't disappoint. That's my favorite feature of my One, followed closely by the speakers - which LG has stepped up their game on.

See, if the Moto X had specs like this, plus the talk feature - giant hit, but they went a different direction.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
From a spec standpoint, you may want to hold off then because it seems like Sony could be releasing a phone about the same time that could out-spec the G2.

Sony Honami 20-megapixel camera leaked online | Know Your Mobile

I was all about the G2 until I saw this thing, which on paper seems to match up pretty evenly with LG with the only exception being the camera, which is suppose to blow every smartphone camera out of the water (except for Nokia perhaps). Again, key word being "suppose". We don't know much about the G2 camera yet either.

Both these phone's are set to top the One, X and S4 regardless so I'm excited either way.

if ur r going to wait for a better spec phone then you will wait forever, cause there are always better ones coming out

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I will be getting one. It was between the moto x and g2 for me, and I'm digging what the g2 has to offer.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Shawheim

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I find it so funny when people get mad about Verizon's logo but not anybody else. They all put their logos on them.

Tapatalk mofo

Sprint has pretty much stopped using the Sprint logo on their phones. VZW, ATT, T-Mobile, US Cellular and all other carries need to take note.

muddy13

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
This phone is at the top on my list as long as Verizon doesn't do something stupid like only carry the 16GB model - that's what killed the Droid DNA for me. I won't buy a phone that has less than 32GB of on-board storage. I have been out of contract with Verizon since May and I am carefully weighing my options for an upgrade. While I'm not in a rush, especially since 4.3 has made me happy with my Gnex again, I am looking forward to going into a Verizon store and testing out the G2, The Droid MAXX and hopefully the HTC One. I will base my decision on the side by side comparisons - I am hoping this phone lives up to the hype.

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
The G2 definitely has caught my attention on Sprint. I was looking towards a new Moto phone (possible the X) and didn't think to see such a good looking device produced by LG on Sprint.

I've been on the Epic 4g Touch for almost 2-years now and after reading Phil's post (Android Resolutions: Love the phone you're with | Android Central) I've learned to enjoy the phone I currently have - it doesn't hurt to keep an eye out, but there's no rushing into a new device if it isn't for me.

PLunn

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
LG do make good hardware but I said after being one of the first to get the Optimus X2 and being promised ICS for over eight months and then being let down, never again

Like I said, very good hardware but the software support totally sucks, they have a real short sighted attitude to after sales updates. If this is the base for the next Nexus then I'm in as it will get updates from google. With Key Lime Pie a possibility later in the year I'm not getting bitten by LG twice

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm still leaning towards the Nexus 5. But, if that phone doesn't happen, or I'm disappointed on the specs (No LTE again?! That would do it), it comes down to the G2 or the One.

Glt5000

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I have been looking forward to this phone ever since the rumors and leaks started happening. Now that its 100% official and has some awesome features (knock knock and the OIS are my two favs) Im itching to get my hands on it! I just wish I knew a date!!

Honestabebread

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Actually, it makes a lot of sense. If I'm not mistaken, the phone is expected to launch in September for most carriers. Verizon getting it a month late is nothing new, it's par for the course for them. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if they launched it in October instead of September.

VZWs got dibs on wireless charging too

Posted via Android Central App

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
My negative side says I would rather have the LG Optimus Pro G (or G Pro whatever order) with the MicroSD slot and removable battery.

I understand though that the size of the Pro can be a real turn off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessibilitys87