And just like that i lost my clock app.

Jamezcua

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
So last night I taped on the clock widget to set my alarm for today and nothing happened. I did it again and nothing still. Thought that was strange. I went to the app drawer and found it there so I clicked and nothing it just said something like I had lost this app or was not installed. I went to manage applications and it was no there. So now all of a sudden I had lost HTC clock app. How could that be? Isn't that part of the phone and cannot be un-installed? But the weird thing was that all the clock widgets still worked and kept time. I just couldn't use the app any more. All this happened after I did the update on Monday. Has this happened to anyone else? Or is it just something random?

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
This is a bug that's been posted by a few different people here after the GB update. So far it looks like a factory reset fixes this issue.

snsethy

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Where is it in the App Drawer? I don't have a clock icon anywhere, but did a factory reset and the widget works now.

edit: Hmmm...I can search for it and find it. Oh well.

Last edited:

snsethy

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I never had one even before the update. :(

I'm pretty sure I didn't either. After the update when the widget wasn't working, I searched for it and nada--same with the dock app. Now both are there following my factory reset. And as an added bonus, I didn't back everything up and get to play all of the levels of angry birds again!:confused:

Astrodroid

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
A lot of us have had the same problem. Several of us have done a factory reset and the clock widget problem gets fixed. I did it and was able to get all my apps and stuff back. All my android market apps came back automatically. My Amazon appstore ones didn't because by default the "don't accept apps from unknown sources" thing gets turned back on when you reset. So the notification said something like "partial restoration of 185 apps" which was everything except the handful of Amazon apps. If you uncheck that setting and reinstall the Amazon appstore app, you can then manually redownload any apps gotten from Amazon's appstore. In my case the phone remembered my wallpaper but not my folders or what lived on what page. I also lost data in apps that store it locally and don't sync to the web (notes, gas mileage entries, etc.). So it's a bit of a pain to set everything back up, but not a huge one. You just need to back up or copy any local data. It gives you an opportunity to reevaluate your layout and do some spring cleaning.

Reactions: Nothing2Lose

Nothing2Lose

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
A lot of us have had the same problem. Several of us have done a factory reset and the clock widget problem gets fixed. I did it and was able to get all my apps and stuff back. All my android market apps came back automatically. My Amazon appstore ones didn't because by default the "don't accept apps from unknown sources" thing gets turned back on when you reset. So the notification said something like "partial restoration of 185 apps" which was everything except the handful of Amazon apps. If you uncheck that setting and reinstall the Amazon appstore app, you can then manually redownload any apps gotten from Amazon's appstore. In my case the phone remembered my wallpaper but not my folders or what lived on what page. I also lost data in apps that store it locally and don't sync to the web (notes, gas mileage entries, etc.). So it's a bit of a pain to set everything back up, but not a huge one. You just need to back up or copy any local data. It gives you an opportunity to reevaluate your layout and do some spring cleaning.
What did you use to back up all your data? The apps do not have to be backed up?

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Part of gingerbread is that your app list it backed up and as long as ypy have backup my phone with Google and then choose to do the same while you set up after the reset it will bring back your Google Marketplace apps. I would male a list of the free one just in case all the paid apps will be there for sure and sometimes the free ones don't male it back.

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. How about the contact lists? Sorry for the noob questions. Is back up assistant by Verizon good for that?

If you don't have all your contacts set as Google contacts then yes vzw backup assistant will do the job. I just moved all to Google with my first Android phone to make moving from one to another easy and it was before backup assistant was free as well.

MrBigFeathers

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Is everyone's clock still working after factory reset? I've read that some have lost the clock again after factory resetting. My phone came with Gingerbread and I factory reset about 7 times when I was having trouble activating the phone. My clock doesn't work either. I don't think a factory reset fixes the issue as I did it many times and my clock doesn't work.

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I did my 3rd Factory Reset and this time I erased everything on my SD card too and this time my clock app works fine and I haven't had any other issues since...

Astrodroid

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
What did you use to back up all your data? The apps do not have to be backed up?

Sorry, I didn't notice your question until just now. The apps don't have to be backed up. I backed them up anyway using the Astro app because I had never factory reset before and was worried I wouldn't get them back. Turns out that was unnecessary. As for the local data (as opposed to data in apps that sync to the web such as Evernote or Astrid Tasks), I was hoping Astro would back that up along with the apps, but it didn't. I only had a couple of things - some notes in AK note and some gas mileage entries in a couple of gas mileage apps. So not a big deal. I also didn't know another good way to back that data up other than manual copy and paste in the case of the notes and export in the case of the car apps, but export function was restricted to premium versions, not free, so I couldn't. So I just gambled and lost!

Is everyone's clock still working after factory reset? I've read that some have lost the clock again after factory resetting. My phone came with Gingerbread and I factory reset about 7 times when I was having trouble activating the phone. My clock doesn't work either. I don't think a factory reset fixes the issue as I did it many times and my clock doesn't work.

My clock is still fine days after the factory reset.

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
my clock is down... I remember it working fine after the GB update. And now I confirmed that its not that update thats giving us this problem. My wife has a DINC2 as well and her clock pulls up fine with no problems. I'm app hungry so I think its something thats being downloaded that messes with this clock app. I'm frustrated too.... ugh!

mgftp

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I just got mine back with a phone reset. What a pain. I hope HTC has an answer for this before I lose it again.

garavin

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Lost mine too. Only noticed when I didn't get my daily alarm. I just D/L'ed Alarm Clock Extreme from the Market & I'm back in business. The clock widget continues to function so the lack of the app isn't a big deal for me @ this point. YMMV...