Android 4, M8 4.4.3

Ntbook

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm expecting to get the extreme power saving mode (Wich I don't have yet) and most of all to know that my device is actually unlocked and able to get software updates, as I bought it in Argentina to someone who has allegedly bought it in USA unlocked.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

gtg465x

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm expecting to get the extreme power saving mode (Wich I don't have yet) and most of all to know that my device is actually unlocked and able to get software updates, as I bought it in Argentina to someone who has allegedly bought it in USA unlocked.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

Sorry, but I think the seller lied to you. Based on your software version, that One M8 is not from the US. The US unlocked One M8 has 1540 as the third number in the software version, not 422. It also isn't a US carrier version, so I don't know where that's from.

Edit: Seems like you might have an unlocked version from Brazil or another South American country.

Last edited:

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Even if this were coming through carriers it would be quicker.

Posted via Android Central App

You really think so? Have you seen HTC's chart of the steps for the different versions? There are a lot more steps for carrier versions:
HTC-Anatomy-of-an-Android.jpg

henryfool3

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
apparently it was tweeted today that the T-Mobile M8 will be getting the OTA 4.4.3 update on 8/11. does that mean that you can check the phone earlier for the update and they begin pushing on the 11th, or is it the 11th that you can begin checking?

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
apparently it was tweeted today that the T-Mobile M8 will be getting the OTA 4.4.3 update on 8/11. does that mean that you can check the phone earlier for the update and they begin pushing on the 11th, or is it the 11th that you can begin checking?

8/11 is the expected release date. If you're sure you want the update you could go in and set your phone to automatic updates (make sure to put a check in only over wifi if you don't want to rack up data usage) that way as soon as its released (even if its before 8/11) and your phone detects it - it will download the update.

HTC has a website that updates the status of the updates that have been released for their different phone models along with whether the carriers have released the updates yet. Oddly the m8 is currently missing from there:
HTC Software Updates | HTC United States

About your phone's update settings:
HTC One (M8) Support - Updating your phone's software | HTC United States

Lok52

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Why do you need the HTC file manager when there are better options?

My M8 posted this

Unless you are rooted, there are no other options that allow you to move our delete files on an SD card. Not everyone wants to root and most people shouldn't be allowed to root.

henryfool3

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
it's the 11th, no update for t-mobile as of yet. guess that date was not as firm as led to believe in the tweet . . .

EDIT: it appears that tweet was taken down.

Last edited:

jcdub

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I wonder why it's taking so long for HTC to release this update in the UK and remaining countries considering most other updated released in the past we're released more promptly.... Especially for sim free versions.

William Law

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I just received the OTA in the last 20 minutes. I'm on the Wind network in Canada. At the very least that means English/French version has been released in my part of the World.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe