Android 6.0 Marshmallow for the Moto X Pure Edition (24.11.18)

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow for the Moto X Pure Edition

Wow, I sure hope Marshmallow lets you choose meetings as events that activate "Do Not Disturb". Meetings and Sleep are two of my favorite functions from Moto Assist.

I'm worried that since the Google Calendar App currently doesn't let you change events from "busy" to "available", that there may not be a way to fine tune what events activate Do Not Disturb.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

Wow, I sure hope Marshmallow lets you choose meetings as events that activate "Do Not Disturb". Meetings and Sleep are two of my favorite functions from Moto Assist.

I'm worried that since the Google Calendar App currently doesn't let you change events from "busy" to "available", that there may not be a way to fine tune what events activate Do Not Disturb.
You can only set the rule based on your reply to the meeting invite (yes, maybe, not replied)

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site

If you have put an AT&T sim in your unlocked Moto X Pure phone or even HAD an AT&T SIM in it, do not be surprised if 6.0 does not get rolled out to you for months. Last year with my Moto X 2014 the update did not hit my phone until I pulled the SIM and FDR'ed. If you have had your phone on AT&T and want the update when its available I think your choices are to wait the additional months till AT&T rolls the OTA, Sideload the update, or if you don't mind a Factory reset (and we don't know if this will work yet, it doesn't work at all with my unlocked non carrier Nexus 6) pull the SIM and do the FDR trick. (here is a link to some of the Nexus 6 fun - http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-6/596946-finally-6-0-ota.html)

Sounds like a problem with your phone. I've NEVER had an issue with receiving an OTA on an unlocked phone on the AT&T network. Including the 2014 Moto X.

Posted via the Android Central App

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site

Got the update for Moto Migrate today announcing it won't work beyond 5.1 ... snort! Timing is just right for the 2 Pures arriving in our house next week and in advance of Schusters news on 6.0.
Will use Migrate one...more...time on the OG Xs then they go into our home museum!

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

It's a shame because Migrate is actually a very easy-to-use and very handy app.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site

It's a shame because Migrate is actually a very easy-to-use and very handy app.
Migrate was very useful last week, setting up MXPE from my 2013 Moto X!

Last night I finally factory reset the 2013 and used Migrate to repopulate it. I'm hoping to see if it is smoother and less buggy after a reset! Age and Lollipop have brought some bugs recently.

Sullie714

May 9, 2014
Visit site

I didn't purchase my Nexus 6 from AT&T. I purchased my unlocked non-carrier Nexus 6 from Motorola, just like the unlocked non-carrier Moto X 2013 phone I bought from Motorola and unlocked non-carrier Moto X 2014 phone and unlocked non-carrier Moto X 2015 phone. The 2014 X and Nexus 6 both had OTA update issues because i used them with AT&T. Hopefully the 2015 OTA ends this streak.....

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

I've been on Marshmallow for some time due to the Test Drive Motorola was doing. I like what they have done to this phone. I'm sure everyone else will like it as well. And yes, it does include the November security patch.

NickB2005

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site

I've been on Marshmallow for some time due to the Test Drive Motorola was doing. I like what they have done to this phone. I'm sure everyone else will like it as well. And yes, it does include the November security patch.

Is battery noticeably better? I had it on my Nexus 6 and I can say that 6.0 added 30-40% better battery than Lollipop. Now I'm on a pure and kind of miss the amazing battery life I was getting.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

Is battery noticeably better? I had it on my Nexus 6 and I can say that 6.0 added 30-40% better battery than Lollipop. Now I'm on a pure and kind of miss the amazing battery life I was getting.

You will see similar results using Doze on the Pure Edition as you were seeing on the Nexus 6 after it got 6.0.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

If you saw an improvement with the Nexus, you'll see the same with the Moto... provided your usage is the same (if you are out running about, Doze won't kick in all that often*)

* If you are rooted, there are a few Doze config apps that allow you to fuss with the timeouts and whether it cares if you are moving around or not FYI

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site

I didn't purchase my Nexus 6 from AT&T. I purchased my unlocked non-carrier Nexus 6 from Motorola, just like the unlocked non-carrier Moto X 2013 phone I bought from Motorola and unlocked non-carrier Moto X 2014 phone and unlocked non-carrier Moto X 2015 phone. The 2014 X and Nexus 6 both had OTA update issues because i used them with AT&T. Hopefully the 2015 OTA ends this streak.....

I don't have a Nexus 6 but I've never had trouble updating my OnePlus One or Moto X 2014 Pure Edition that have only been used on AT&T.

ASD Dad

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site

Maybe a stupid question but does Doze mess with Moto's notifications? I love that about my Moto and dont want to lose the screen pulsing when a new text or email comes in.

Does 6.0 allow you to turn on the LED notifications? I know on my 5X it was turned off by default but easily enabled under the menu options.

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site

Maybe a stupid question but does Doze mess with Moto's notifications? I love that about my Moto and dont want to lose the screen pulsing when a new text or email comes in.

Does 6.0 allow you to turn on the LED notifications? I know on my 5X it was turned off by default but easily enabled under the menu options.

I think Motorola disables the LED in their build. As for Doze and Moto notifications I am not sure.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

Install LTE Discovery and see what band you are connected too. Not sure it works that way with Verizon. Also are you in a Band 12 area?
Verizon uses bands 2, 4, and 13 so you won't see a band 12 show up with a verizon sim.

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site

Doze does not mess with Moto Display; it'll still work. As far as I can tell Moto display does not really cause the phone to fully wake up.

captainkirkw

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Last night I got a notification on my pc that Moto connect will quit working on chrome this month so I figured the marshmallow release must be imminent.

I had issues with Moto Connect awhile back so I started using Air Droid. Does Marshmallow have something built in that does something similar? I just got my HTC A9 and have been playing around with it but have not seen anything like that.