Android 6.0 Marshmallow for the Moto X Pure Edition (24.11.18)

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I have had no issues getting audio alerts for my text messages on Marshmallow.

I turn audio alerts off for other notifications like email because that's too much noise for me.

Thanks for the reply Ry...Do you use some other custom ringtone for the text message notifications or just the default sounds? For some reason, it appears that the volume limiter ramps up the volume for these too slowly and that seems to prevent the sound from coming through. It's probably playing the sound, but the volume doesn't get increased enough to hear it before the sound loop finishes. I'll see about adding a custom ringtone that's two or three times as long and see if that will work.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply Ry...Do you use some other custom ringtone for the text message notifications or just the default sounds? For some reason, it appears that the volume limiter ramps up the volume for these too slowly and that seems to prevent the sound from coming through. It's probably playing the sound, but the volume doesn't get increased enough to hear it before the sound loop finishes. I'll see about adding a custom ringtone that's two or three times as long and see if that will work.

I'm currently using my own notification tone, not a built-in one, for text messages.

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
So far, the Ascending Ringtone 'feature' has never affected anything but phone calls here ... all other Notification sounds are at my pre-set volume levels.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently using my own notification tone, not a built-in one, for text messages.

I'm using a built-in notification tone for text messages (Pollux) and have no problems hearing it. My phone is always right by my side or in my pocket though so it's never far away.

Posted via the Android Central App

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Still really struggling with this Notification Sound issue. I created a 13 second ringtone to use specifically for the Notification. That way it'd be much longer the default notification sounds. Still nothing...It doesn't play when selecting the sound or when sending a test email and watching the display light up when the email was delivered. I don't understand why this would happen during the update to 6.0. All other sounds work...Phone, Screen Touches, Alarms, etc. Past aggravated right now!

Lnin0

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
My MXPE should be here next week. Will it ship with 6.0 or do you think I will need to upgrade? Are there any quick instructions out there explaining how to upgrade and then do a factory reset. Do I activate it on Verizon and receive the upgrade push right after that?

jamestanmar

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
No issues for me, I use my own ringtone cut from 1 of my music collection and my text notification tone is master Yoda. Battery life is great even if I stream music using slacker and watch videos while commuting in the morning and evening. I charge it when it's time for my bedtime around 11pm.

Performance has been really smooth since I upgraded to marshmallow and used my SD card as internal storage.

xJake4

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
After marshmallow update, would you guys recommend it over nexus 5x for 3 year use? And hows battery life SoT off a single charge with light usage + spotify stream

bryantest

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Have some question about Doze

So correct if I'm wrong..but Doze is still suppose to work even if my Moto X Pure is connected to WIFI right?

So I'm looking at my Battery screen under Settings and is shows Phone idle at 1% after 2 hours of lying flat on the table...does that mean Doze was actually doing it job during that time?

Trying to find out the best way to know if Doze is working or not....I really don't like to subject my phone to a factory reset for a second time UNLESS I have to.

New Owner of a 32 GB Moto X Pure with Bamboo wood back. Subjected my MXPE to a factory reset clear cache partition. Managed to get more than 4 hours of SOT after an almost full charge yesterday despite the fact that WiFi was always on.

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Have some question about Doze

So correct if I'm wrong..but Doze is still suppose to work even if my Moto X Pure is connected to WIFI right?

So I'm looking at my Battery screen under Settings and is shows Phone idle at 1% after 2 hours of lying flat on the table...does that mean Doze was actually doing it job during that time?

Trying to find out the best way to know if Doze is working or not....I really don't like to subject my phone to a factory reset for a second time UNLESS I have to.

New Owner of a 32 GB Moto X Pure with Bamboo wood back. Subjected my MXPE to a factory reset clear cache partition. Managed to get more than 4 hours of SOT after an almost full charge yesterday despite the fact that WiFi was always on.

Full time WiFi is fine for Doze. Best Doze detection I've found is with the latest version of the GSam Battery Monitor app. It will list all Doze occurances and the time in Doze mode. Also shows Deep Sleep info.

On a heavy use day with 4 or more hours of Screen On I won't have to charge till 10 or 12 hours and the Turbo Charger fills it up in less than an hour!

jamestanmar

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
I just leave my phone on the charging cradle overnight. But it definitely works, your phone must be laying on a flat surface. At around 8pm I still have 40% left even thought I watch videos and steam music during both my 1 hour morning and evening commutes.

bryantest

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
So I experienced only a 5% power drain yesterday... Phone was lying face down on the table for a good 6.5 hours. Does that fit in the parameters of Doze? Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174