Android lollipop

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
tried to manually flash but window 8.1 driver issues in recovery as usual. didnt feel like re-installing windows 7 to duel boot at midnight last night. ill just wait for the ota to push.

barthawk

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Not using the Google Now Launcher as suggested above significantly improved the response of the tablet and made it usable again. With the Google Now Launcher the system it was barely functioning

Double44

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Mine too. I'm on 4.4 and I can't stand to use it. For some reason it picked up horrible lagg.
I received the N7 2012 OTA last night. Performance is very slow thus far. Nearly unusable, any suggestions to figure out why it might be so slow? hitting the recent button takes like 10 seconds or more to respond, half of the time it responds so slowly it goes to sleep before finishing. The only way it has worked quicky thus far was in Battery saving mode, it seemed to speed it up.
edit: After a major update, factory reinstalling Android is actually what some people recommend. This isn't too bad of an idea if you've got Lollipop. I learned that the backup & restore feature includes app data this time. A factory reinstall could solve problems and restore everything easily, aside from the apps that aren't updated to support 5.0 yet.

Have you got the OTA update? (For your Nexus 7 2012) I still have no lollipop update :(

Posted via the Android Central App
I don't have it either. I checked the forum history about the Kitkat update, and it seemed to take about 10 days for people to receive Kitkat on the N7 2012.. the same might be true for Lollipop, except there are many more Nexus devices out today.

Last edited:

anon(480526)

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Trying to figure out why mine is slow. When everyone updated, did the initial loading logo keep swirling until you had to manually restart the tablet? Also, when you put in your wifi pw, was the word "password" on two lines?

lyun17

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
When I installed the factory image, the app drawer would always close. I did a factory reset and that helped but the issue was that it was slow and laggy. I installed Google Now launcher to get the transparent bars but it was still slow. I finally installed Nova Launcher and set the animations to 0.5 in developer options and now my tablet is running normally. Don't know if it's faster that Kit kat but I'm satisfied with the speed now.