Android OS drains battery ?

PcNy

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
After updating to JB 4.3, I noticed that Android OS consumes more battery as it was in JB 4.2.2.
In JB 4.2.2, Android OS never consumed more than 10% of battery while it usually consumes over 20% after the update.
I see the details of Android OS and notice one strange thing is that the "Keep awake" time usually goes up and down.

Note the device time on top right and Keep Awake time
Screenshot_2013-08-02-17-17-18.png
Screenshot_2013-08-02-17-21-14.png
Screenshot_2013-08-02-17-29-08.png

Should not the time increase only ?

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Try to get a more detailed battery app like gsam and post some screens after a few days.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

gusar2000

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
In my case 4.3 drains battery much less than 4.2.2 (on both N4 and N7), but on N7 I noticed that after running some apps (didn't figure out which one yet) the OS starts to drain up to 60% of the battery! Before update didn't happen.
Looks like apps issue.
After re-start it returns to normal (low) drain.

Axefield

May 22, 2013
Visit site
My phone has a deep sleep issue. For some reason it's not sleeping at all before I reboot it. I have not found out what's causing this. Standard battery info tells me that Android OS has used most of the battery. Wakelock detector seems to blame fb, fb messenger and exchange services.
I installed 4.3 update on top of completely stock 4.2.2 with sideload. I did not factory reset after the update so that might be my next thing to do.

gusar2000

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
My phone has a deep sleep issue. For some reason it's not sleeping at all before I reboot it. I have not found out what's causing this. Standard battery info tells me that Android OS has used most of the battery. Wakelock detector seems to blame fb, fb messenger and exchange services.
I installed 4.3 update on top of completely stock 4.2.2 with sideload. I did not factory reset after the update so that might be my next thing to do.
Apps prevent it from sleeping (somehow making the OS to stay ON). I doubt Factory reset will solve the issue.
Try to pinpoint the app.
BTW, sometimes the list of running apps can help. You can kill an app and see if it helped.

PcNy

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
the frustrating point is that I use almost exactly the same set of apps as I used in 4.2.2 but there was not a problem.

agp101

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem and turning off Google now and location reporting fixed it. I believe the problem is mostly Google now that excessively uses the location reporting process. For me I had 0% deep sleep according to wake lock detector because of the "nlpcollectorlocation" process or something like that, which is under Google services. With Google now off I get deep sleep 84% of the time and only lose 1-2% per hour as opposed to 5-6% while idle.

Posted via Android Central App

janciani

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem, using my phone as much as I did before updating to 4.3, same apps runing and the battery drains twice as fast. Watch this capture. This was taken 6 hours with my phone "sleeping" not even touched the phone in that time with GPS OFF.

Also did a factory reset WITHOUT backing up and the problem persists.

Screenshot_2013-11-06-12-06-20.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juliecoch