Android P default volume control

darkehawke

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
There were apps designed to default the volume keys to media

They will probably be redesigned to default the volume key to ringer/notification if they want to stay relevant.

Probably wont be until P starts hitting the sammies though

Lilybell2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I was surprised about it when I first noticed it in the beta. Then I realized that I adjusted the volume for media far more often than I adjusted ring volume. So, in the end it made sense to me and now I prefer it this way.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I honestly can't think of the last time I adjusted my ringer volume so the new controls make perfect sense for me.
I was surprised about it when I first noticed it in the beta. Then I realized that I adjusted the volume for media far more often than I adjusted ring volume. So, in the end it made sense to me and now I prefer it this way.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Hit the volume control for a moment, hit the gear and you have all 4 volume controls up on the screen. No more having to remember that the buttons don't change meaning depending on what you're doing.

drvier8

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I do not understand why it is not an option to set which is default. I almost never adjust media volume (because i rarely use media with audio) but i adjust my ringtone several times a day.

giverny

Feb 27, 2018
Visit site
If anyone still searching this, try this:
Settings >Sounds and Vibration > Volume, then look at or near the bottom and uncheck 'Use volume keys for media'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
martinst-uk