Android Wear 2.0 on LG Watch Urbane Official Thread

Sleepwlkr45

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Yep. I have it. They changed Everything! And yet, I'm having trouble putting down my gear S2(from my note 7days ) to put it on. Not saying Tizen is better or anything, just that with Samsung pay and health, maybe I've gotten complacent? Anyway, After a few restarts I was able to get it running smoothly, and everything is totally different. The jury is out on better, but if I wore it more I'm sure I would learn to do something without accidentally changing my watch face first...

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I can't get OK Google detection to work

Update
I tried toggle ok Google detection on and off with no joy. So I reset my watch and now it's all working ok

Last edited:

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't think this has anything to do with my watch getting an update today, but my Android Wear app on the phone received an update. Still nothing on my LG Watch Urbane yet.

Forest Dane

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Mine updated last night. Got to settings and check for an update.
Looks much nicer and shows photos from what'sapp. I actually had no idea why there was a picture on my watch when it happened.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Mine is stuck with copying contacts in this pic. Did anyone go this route or did they skip it? I have the Fossil Wander.

*update...I was able to skip the step after going back and now it's working fine*
fe014e03ff4c5a950917e718003eff93.jpg

Last edited:

StephaneM60

Feb 1, 2017
Visit site
I received AW 2.0 yesterday, I'm not impressed, the upgrade was not smooth, watch was slow as hell and the initial setup (copy account) failed. I managed to get through and some things were not working right. So I performed a reset and this is much better now. I don't know yet if I like the new way of doing things, the only issue I'm having is with WatchMaker : some watch faces make the watch very slow and as a result very difficult to use.

I would advise to perform a reset after the upgrade.

Note : I was very happy with my Urbane on AW 1.5

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I received AW 2.0 yesterday, I'm not impressed, the upgrade was not smooth, watch was slow as hell and the initial setup (copy account) failed. I managed to get through and some things were not working right. So I performed a reset and this is much better now. I don't know yet if I like the new way of doing things, the only issue I'm having is with WatchMaker : some watch faces make the watch very slow and as a result very difficult to use.

I would advise to perform a reset after the upgrade.

Note : I was very happy with my Urbane on AW 1.5

You took the words right out of my mouth, I'm also having an issue with my favourite watch face not showing me notifications, if I swipe up, the messages are there and it does vibrate but it's so easy to not notice.

ok Google is very slow with a lot of watch faces, I reset once and I may try again.
The battery life tanked for the first 8 hrs but seamed to settle after that, I used approx. 25% in 8 hours.

StephaneM60

Feb 1, 2017
Visit site
ok Google is very slow with a lot of watch faces, I reset once and I may try again.
At this point I don't know if resetting will change something... I guess the smartest thing to do is to use a stock watch face or third party face that doesn't slow down that much the watch until things settle down (I'm sure updates from WatchMaker will resolve issues).

However, I don't get how "complications" works or how to get new ones. For instance I kinda like the stock "Elements Digital" face but would love to get a weather widget on it, isn't that the whole complications thingie is all about?

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
At this point I don't know if resetting will change something... I guess the smartest thing to do is to use a stock watch face or third party face that doesn't slow down that much the watch until things settle down (I'm sure updates from WatchMaker will resolve issues).

However, I don't get how "complications" works or how to get new ones. For instance I kinda like the stock "Elements Digital" face but would love to get a weather widget on it, isn't that the whole complications thingie is all about?

The trouble I'm having is the red watch face I use is stock and it never shows me I have a notification. I've not investigated the complications but from my limited understanding the watch face has to support complications, your right they are basically widgets.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
The trouble I'm having is the red watch face I use is stock and it never shows me I have a notification...
I'm loving the update. My watch is so much smoother now. My battery isn't lasting as long but I suppose it's partly from my playing with it constantly and partly needing to adjust some settings. I don't use the red watch face but I did see a new blue one in the stock list from LG on the watch (I don't know if it showed up on the app as well). I tried it out, liked how it looked when on and when the screen went dark. Last night my watch died before I got it on the charger so I didn't notice it, but this morning I had a simple digital watch face on and the blue one wasn't even listen on the phone OR the app. WTF?

monstermav1

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys if you can recall when you double pressed the hardware button it used to put it in cinema mode eg no screen this function isn't working any ideas on the new way?

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
The only way I can see if to swipe down, press the left icon and then press the centre screen off icon.

So far I'm not liking some of the changes, the watch will no longer respond to OK Google if the audio player controls are on the screen and it no longer mutes the audio playing while using OK Google, both of these points are important to me as I use my watch as the audio control when I have my phone paired with my car.

pjo1966

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I got it this morning and have a few problems:

1. My favorite watch face is gone and I can't find it. It was called Daily and it came with the LG G Urbane. When the screen is in standby it shows a basic analog clock face. When it's turned on it has a calendar overlay. If anyone knows where to find it, I would appreciate it.

2. I can't figure out how to access the apps yet. I accidentally got there once but I have no idea how it happened. A little research will fix that. Swiping left or right changes the watch face. Swiping up goes into notifications, and swiping down gets me to settings.

3. I've had to enter my password for all three Google accounts multiple times

4. Sometimes when I swipe I'm presented with a blank screen

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Daily is still shown in the android wear app on my phone. Just open android wear and click on more in the watch faces part.

To access the apps you short press the watch button. Long press opens google.