Android Wear 2.0 on LG Watch Urbane Official Thread

Joseph Calamita

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
I can't seem to get my account to appear on LG urbane running 2.0. It just spins and spins on both my phone and watch whenever I try to add my account. Anyone else seeing this? I've unpaired and reset the watch a bunch of times, but no help. Any ideas?

pjo1966

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I can't seem to get my account to appear on LG urbane running 2.0. It just spins and spins on both my phone and watch whenever I try to add my account. Anyone else seeing this? I've unpaired and reset the watch a bunch of times, but no help. Any ideas?

Have you tried going into the app on your phone and telling it to "Forget" the watch? I had to do that with mine.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I had that with my Fossil Wander and just pressed the back button and was able to 'skip' the step. Synced to watch just fine, afterwards.

mrcowhill

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
Hi folks, I just got the update for wear 2.0 last week. And I am really thinking about downgrading again (although I have no idead how to).
Some things are pretty good. But most things are annoying.

-Battery life is sucking down very fast. Usually it lasted 2 days, now it is at 30% from 100 in the morning.
-Watch is getting pretty slow some times; not always, but random times a day it stucks like an old computer, especially by waking google assistant
-If I listen to music on my car radio (connected by bluetooth) and I say “ok google“ the music used to turn into pause, so the watch can listen properly. Now it doesn't and I have to stop music manually
-When I used to activate “do not disturb“ on my watch, my phone also turned into silent mode. Now I have to do it on both devices
-turn the watch dark into cinema mode is now pretty complicated
-and now the most annoying thing that drives me absolutely crazy: if I need the google assistant I often get the message “google is not available right now“. Then I need to restart the watch. It works up to 3-5 times and then the problem starts over ---> restart the watch. I think it happens most, if I change connection. When I first used wifi and then left home.

I think that wear 2.0 needs too much resources than the watch has.

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Same here. I really miss it not muting the music and also if the music controls are visible on the watch face then OK Google will not work. What used to be a one handed operation now needs two hands.

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't see phone calls on AW 2.0. It vibrates that a call is coming through but it is just a black screen. Even if I tap it, nothing comes up until call stops ringing.

CBonney

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I had same issue on my Urbane and my LG G watch R. In both cases, I reset the watch via the android wear app. Now, it's fine.

CBonney

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Since the update, is it possible to answer a call from watch. I only see the ignore button. The answer function was very helpful if the phone was just out of reach.

Tony Blues

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I've seen on another forum that Google took the ability to answer calls away on PURPOSE!!! Because it confused idiots that didn't understand why, by answering on their watches, they couldn't hold a full conversation on their watches??! SO, you can have the answer button back if you have a new watch with a speaker, but if you're one of the MANY that doesn't (like us!) then tough. Apparently using it to answer when you have paid extra for Bluetooth headphones, car kits, speakerphone apps, etc. doesn't occur to them. Smh. Morons. :-/

pjo1966

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I have stopped receiving notifications on the Urbane. I unpaired and then paired again. I also did a full reset on the watch. Has anyone else seen this?

I've also started having trouble getting it to charge. I need to move it around on the charger until it finds just the right spot.

Forest Dane

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
I'd managed to block notifications to my watch but I can't remember how.
The charging issue is most likely down to an accumulation of muck on the contacts.

pjo1966

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Some more info:

I can start sleep tracking from the watch. Once it's started I needed to stop from the phone.
I was running Spotify, and I could see the song info on the watch.
Still no notifications.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d