Androidn Auto- Honda Passport Pixel 5

ydh2323

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Hey all- I have a pixel 5 on verizon, that has worked fine in my honda accord with connecting to usb and using androind auto- never could figure out how to use it via bluetotth though- I recently got a new car- the Honda passport 2021, and am experiencing where the android auto connects and disconnects several times, goes through a loop of conencting and disconnecting 5-7 times in a few minutes. I swapped out several cables and same issue. I tried a friends iphone with apple car play, worked fine. I tried 2 other androind phones, worked stable, for some reason the pixel 5 is the one that seems to be acting up. Spoke to google, they had no solutions, anyone else have any ideas?
even got the weird error message to display on my phone after a whileScreenshot_20210721-103904.jpg

ydh2323

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
thanks-just ordered one, though not hopeful. is there something unique about this? you believe its the higher speed of data transfer that will make the difference?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
thanks-just ordered one, though not hopeful. is there something unique about this? you believe its the higher speed of data transfer that will make the difference?
Hi, yeah been hearing some have better luck with 3.0 cables because better transfer speed of data .
Definitely keep me posted how it works out

ydh2323

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
so the cable came and i still experienced the issue, however i did get a response from android auto team and this is what did the trick:
Please make sure to disable all battery power saving mode for the Android Auto app.
Phone Settings > Tap Battery > Adaptive Battery > Turn off Adaptive Battery.
Phone Settings > Apps & notifications > Advanced > Special app access > Battery optimization > Tap the "Not optimized" dropdown menu > Select All Apps > Android Auto > Select Don't Optimize.
Try restarting the phone device.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
so the cable came and i still experienced the issue, however i did get a response from android auto team and this is what did the trick:
Please make sure to disable all battery power saving mode for the Android Auto app.
Phone Settings > Tap Battery > Adaptive Battery > Turn off Adaptive Battery.
Phone Settings > Apps & notifications > Advanced > Special app access > Battery optimization > Tap the "Not optimized" dropdown menu > Select All Apps > Android Auto > Select Don't Optimize.
Try restarting the phone device.
Thanks for posting your finding, glad it's working now

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe