Another GB leak (9/21/11)

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
The VM notification bug is the only major problem I have with the previous leak. I can live with the camera/Gtalk timebomb and the fact that it resets my VM number to default every time I reboot, but the VM notification issue is critical. O hope this fixes it!

Sent from my Tbolt using Tapatalk

spartanguy81

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
The VM notification bug is the only major problem I have with the previous leak. I can live with the camera/Gtalk timebomb and the fact that it resets my VM number to default every time I reboot, but the VM notification issue is critical. O hope this fixes it!

Sent from my Tbolt using Tapatalk

Why do people still use the Verizon voice mail?

spartanguy81

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I've always used the carrier's voicemail because it just works. No app to download or anything to configure. And it doesn't require a data connection in order to get voicemail notification or to retrieve messages. :)

The point being made was that the stock voice mail notifications didn't work...so the "it just works"argument doesn't really hold up

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
Google voice...free visual voicemail, customized answering messages, you could check your voicemail from a computer, it works, the app is snazzy

I've used it and didn't care for it. Transcriptions were highly inaccurate, notifications were slow, and I can't access my gmail account from my work machine. VZW VM just plain works. Now if I could get the notifications to work properly...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

zman3001

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Google voice...free visual voicemail, customized answering messages, you could check your voicemail from a computer, it works, the app is snazzy

Until I thoroughly test Google Voice to make sure that the VM works on it for me, can I use it and VZW's visual voicemail concurrently? Or will the VZW voicemail stop getting voicemails and everything will go right to Google Voice?