Another GB leak (9/21/11)

electriclineman

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I tweeted Htc 2 days ago ish.. Here is what they said about the gingerbread update for the thunderbolt...

PaulVarts 20 Sep @HTCUSA where is the support & updates for the #verizon htc #thunderbolt? Still waiting for #gingerbread like you promised by end of
Sept HTC USA @HTCUSA @PaulVarts the current plan is still for a September release, hang in there :) thx for your patience

Reactions: FrankXS

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
First the notifications are not a problem of the VM, but of the ROM/Phone. I use GV most of the time, but I also use Verizons VM to with my Charge and I get more or less instant notifications for both.

The MD5 check sum pretty much means that it was either packaged incorrectly (as was sorta this case) or that your download is corrupted.

Just an FYI from a guy who has to support the TB. I was hoping this build was gonna be a bit different...

spartanguy81

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Don't be ridiculous. It doesn't matter why people use VZW VM or why people use VZW phones at all. It only matters that if they decided to use VZW phones and VZW VM, they damned sure oughta work!

-Frank

I just find it odd when people complain about stuff with such simple solutions. I like sense 3.0....I have sense 3.0. I like voice mail notifications that work. I have google voice. Its all good and well to say that notifications work in the stock ROM, but this thread isn't about froyo. perhaps gingerbread has been delayed for ota simply because they can't fix voice mail notifications...wouldn't that be hilarious?

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Until I thoroughly test Google Voice to make sure that the VM works on it for me, can I use it and VZW's visual voicemail concurrently? Or will the VZW voicemail stop getting voicemails and everything will go right to Google Voice?

I'm a "Better You Mail' user myself and love it... I'm not into the two phone number concept with GV but thats just me..

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm a "Better You Mail' user myself and love it... I'm not into the two phone number concept with GV but thats just me..

I am. I give my real number to people I want to talk to and do on a regular basis. I give my GV number to casual people and clients (business cards as well)

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I give my GV # to everyone. It rings my work phone during business hours, my google talk account when I'm logged in to that, and my company-issue cell all the time. My cell is forwarded to GV for voicemail in case someone calls me with that number directly. I changed phones, carriers, and cell numbers recently and it was easy - I just logged into GV, deleted the old number, added the new one in, and followed Google's instructions to forward my VZ phone to GV Voicemail. No long list of people to notify.

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
So what's the verdict? I'm debating on flashing this.

So far I don't see much difference from the 2.11 GB leak from a month or so ago. Data seems a bit more stable though. Kind of hard to tell after only a couple hours. Really not sure what they changed honestly.

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
So far I don't see much difference from the 2.11 GB leak from a month or so ago. Data seems a bit more stable though. Kind of hard to tell after only a couple hours. Really not sure what they changed honestly.

I think I will wait for next leak or OTA. The biggest difference in previous leaked RUUs was radio's. That does seem to be the case this time. It is the most minor change in version number..... May be It was only to fix the G-talk/camera timebomb.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

electriclineman

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
When you ask say the Vz Vm notifications doesn't work, are you referring to the leaked versions of GB out or for all thunderbolts no matter what software? I still have 2.21 & only use verizon vm & I get vm notifications..

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien