Any DInc2 users coming from Fascinate?

thekylebrody

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Wondering how many if any users who previously owned a Fascinate were offered the Inc2 as a replacement because of multiple issues with replacement fassys..

I'm also being offered to go down this route and just wondering what your thoughts were on fascinate or Inc2

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

drbg781

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I just switched today since they will give me the Inc2 for the rest of the year and then I get my normal upgrade early 2012. Win-win for me. I wasn't actually having trouble with my Fassy though...just wanted a newer phone. My mom's Fassy, wow...that thing was garbage compared to mine.

guelfi27

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I switched a few days ago, offered as a replacement like many others. I am thrilled with the difference in phones.. The Fascinate was good when I got it last year, but this Inc2 is just so much better. Every aspect.. speed, features, I just really like it so far. Thankful for the free upgrade.

Brennb#AC

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I was never fully satisfied with the Fascinate for some reason, it was beautiful but buggy.... this phone.. lives up to it's name.. Doubly Incredible! I am in love with it after the first day. And now using SmartKeyboard Pro I can have my "galaxy" style keyboard that I loved with the Fassy which was the only "yeah but" I had about the Droid.

dokital

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I switched over as well. I was happy to get rid of the Fascinate. Besides not receiving calls, my phone (running stock) was crashing multiple times a day. The DINC2 thus far has been stable, fast, and gets much better battery life. :)

tnez21

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
came over too, actually loved my fascinate but the Inc2 is also a great phone! def faster than the fascinate, its actually faster completely stock vs a rooted, debloated fascinate. I will miss odin tho, the Inc2 doesnt have a nice easy way to get back to stock and remove root. Have not rooted my Inc2 yet but I'm reading up on it right now and about to go through the process. I got lucky and my replacement came with 2.2.1 :)

Michors.IV

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I will be joining you guys on the second when my Dinc2 ships here! I honestly can't wait to have a phone that receives calls AND can use the gps function!

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm a convert as well, traded in both mine and my wife's Fascinates for the Inc 2 and couldn't be happier. Mine came with 2.2, so I was able to root, my wife's came with 2.3, so hers is locked (for now). Her phone is suffering from periodic impromptu reboots, so we'll probably be sending it back for a replacement. Aside from that little issue though, we both love the new phone. The Fascinate had a better screen, but in every other way, the Inc puts it to shame.

Timmedic

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Fascinate convert too, absolutely love the inc2. Not sure if I like sense but loving gingerbread, easy transition from Com Rom. Excited by the potential to root the inc as well. Wanted to also publicly thank Android Central for the info on the exchange program offered by vzw, never would have known about it otherwise.

thekylebrody

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking about Switching as well since this is my 5th Fascinate and they added a note to my VZW account that if this one has problems I will be able to switch to X2 or Inc2..

Guess Im going with my gut and the majority on the Inc2..
I'll miss my SAMOLED though :(

DJKnut

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Add us to the list of happy switchers..(2) We like the Dicn2 a lot... it works well with no issues... for a while, I had our Fascinates rooted to try to correct or overcome the problems, but it never was reliable, and the missed calls and texts were worrisome... The stock Dinc2 is fine..!! It does seem that HTC works real hard at stopping those interested in rooting their phones by plugging exploits... but the techies love the challenge and with more memory and easy computer connectivity, I'm not bothered by the bloat... On the standard scale I'd rate it an 8.... and they haven't made a 10 yet..!!!
EDIT: The Fascinate was a 2 claiming to be a 6...

Last edited:

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I had a Fascinate and rooted it to fix problems. Unlike my d1 the rooting didn't fix all the issues. The Fascinate is just a poorly built phone and I will never buy another Samsung again. My d1 was better than that garbage phone.

I now have a Inc2 stock and there is almost zero problems, zero lag, zero missed calls and my data connection is twice as fast. Couldn't be happier.

And word to the wise, don't get the x2. It is riddled with software bugs and memory management issues.

sent from my inc2

derickson328

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Recent convert from the Fascinate as well (and first time post). Loving the change!! This phone is definitely snappier than the Fascinate and has fewer overall bugs. Working GPS! Ability to use both vibrate mode AND silent mode without changing settings! Better voice sound quality (both sending and receiving)! Better app compatibility! Gingerbread! etc...etc...
Loss of SAMOLED is a small price to pay in my opinion.

thekylebrody

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm receiving my Incredible 2 on Tuesday! I'm excited but at the same time sad for leaving my Fascinate (GPU & S-AMOLED) :(

thekylebrody

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I had a Fascinate and rooted it to fix problems. Unlike my d1 the rooting didn't fix all the issues. The Fascinate is just a poorly built phone and I will never buy another Samsung again. My d1 was better than that garbage phone.

I now have a Inc2 stock and there is almost zero problems, zero lag, zero missed calls and my data connection is twice as fast. Couldn't be happier.

And word to the wise, don't get the x2. It is riddled with software bugs and memory management issues.

sent from my inc2

-thekylebrody
Not even Samsung Galaxy S 2 / Function!??

thekylebrody

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Recent convert from the Fascinate as well (and first time post). Loving the change!! This phone is definitely snappier than the Fascinate and has fewer overall bugs. Working GPS! Ability to use both vibrate mode AND silent mode without changing settings! Better voice sound quality (both sending and receiving)! Better app compatibility! Gingerbread! etc...etc...
Loss of SAMOLED is a small price to pay in my opinion.

-thekylebrody
How is the GPU performance on Incredible 2? I heard slightly poor in comparison with fascinate?

derickson328

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
-thekylebrody
How is the GPU performance on Incredible 2? I heard slightly poor in comparison with fascinate?

Seems just as good to me personally, plus the Inc. 2 is able to download games larger than 30MB in size which is something that the Fascinate couldn't do. What's the point of having an excellent GPU, when you can't DL the best games anyways? Counter-productive...

Any game not designed specifically for a dual-core should have no problems with the Inc. 2.

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
-thekylebrody
Not even Samsung Galaxy S 2 / Function!??

Nope. I am done with Samsung. And I do not think the US S2 will be as good as the European one either. It may have a fast processor and high ram, but if it has a poor radio, poor gps, poor build quality, software issues like the Fascinate had then it still will not be a good device.

sent from my inc2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord