Any thoughts on screen protector?

8100User

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I browsed through most of the previous threads, looking for any posts/threads about using a screen protector on the DNA.

Didn't find a single thread regarding screen protectors! Pretty surprising, seeing how nearly every new device has some thread about "should I or shouldn't I" use something!

I've had my DNA about a week now, and so far, haven't put any screen protector on it, or ordered any protection.

I love the rolled edges, and the beautiful screen! I am somewhat concerned about getting a scratch, however.

How scratch resistant do you think Gorilla Glass 2 is? Are most of those on these boards just going without?

Has anyone purchased and currently using a screen protector, and if so, care to share which one, and how well it's working?

Thx

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I've been up in the air about this also. I havent purchased one yet and here's why. Because of the size of the phone I havent been keeping it in my pants pocket as much as previous phones. I usually put the phone in my jacket chest pocket, easier to get to and such. Pants pockets are like death traps for screens because of all the little particles that accumulate in them. So if I were to put my phone in my pocket all the time, I would probably buy a screen protector.

GG2 is pretty scratch resistant to big stuff, keys, knives etc. Its the small stuff that will ruin your life. And that'll go for w.e. generation of GG they come up with.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

swenpro

May 10, 2011
Visit site
4 years, I have kept my smartphones in my pants pocket without any case or screen protector. I don't plan to start now, especially with the edge-to-edge glass!!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

E_PEV

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I just received the armorsuit militaryshield for the DNA in the mail but need to resolve an issue before I install it. It was on sale for $7 a few days ago

y2kirk1028

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I just received the armorsuit militaryshield for the DNA in the mail but need to resolve an issue before I install it. It was on sale for $7 a few days ago

I had the ArmorSuit. It was easy to put on and looked good. I just couldn't get into my Diztronic case w/o ruining it.
The case is too damn tight. Took it off and went bare screen.

CD Hill

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I have kept my phones in my rear pocket for many years without a screen protector and none has a scratch on the screen - though I do tend to get holes in my slacks where the bottom edge hits the chair/seat. My family members have screen protectors on an iPhone and an Incredible; both of them are hard to read and less responsive to touch (the screens, not the family members). In fact, both protectors look pretty ratty after a year. I have had cases on my phones, so that there is space between the screen and the table when I put them down face-down. I cannot imagine ever getting a screen protector.

RSchmidt624

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I got a screen protector after a week with the DNA and noticing a ton of little scratches only around the outside rim of the device. When the screen is on I don't notice anything. Coming from a Thunderbolt that took tons of abuse with a non-gorilla glass screen and none of these same scratches, I am disappointed. I love how the bare screen is so butter smooth and now it just sucks having to put a protector on it. Corning should be pissed that this is how the screen turned out.

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
... both of them are hard to read and less responsive to touch (the screens, not the family members)

I lol'ed... and just like swenpro posted above: 3 years with smartphones -- no cases, no screen protectors, no worries. left front pants pocket = the phone's home... nothing else goes in that pocket.

bratt23

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I browsed through most of the previous threads, looking for any posts/threads about using a screen protector on the DNA.

Didn't find a single thread regarding screen protectors! Pretty surprising, seeing how nearly every new device has some thread about "should I or shouldn't I" use something!

I've had my DNA about a week now, and so far, haven't put any screen protector on it, or ordered any protection.

I love the rolled edges, and the beautiful screen! I am somewhat concerned about getting a scratch, however.

How scratch resistant do you think Gorilla Glass 2 is? Are most of those on these boards just going without?

Has anyone purchased and currently using a screen protector, and if so, care to share which one, and how well it's working?

Thx

bratt23

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
For those of us who love Steinhill protectors, I emailed them about the DNA, below is their answer, so whoever would like to see them, email them , the more the better. Best screen protectors ever.

Thank you so much for contacting us here at Spigen SGP!

We appreciate your interest in our products.

We currently do not have any definite plans to release products for the HTC DNA,
but if we are able to get enough customer interest, we can definitely bring it up to our developers as a strong suggestion!

rfmike

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
For those of us who love Steinhill protectors, I emailed them about the DNA, below is their answer, so whoever would like to see them, email them , the more the better. Best screen protectors ever.

Thank you so much for contacting us here at Spigen SGP!

We appreciate your interest in our products.

We currently do not have any definite plans to release products for the HTC DNA,
but if we are able to get enough customer interest, we can definitely bring it up to our developers as a strong suggestion!

I Would like for Spigen SGP to make GLASS Rt/Tr screen protectors.....that would BE FREAKING SWEET.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sherrymae34