Any word on t mobile unlimited plans

blackberry260

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
So what does this mean for those of us who are currently paying for a data plan like myself? What happens when I exceed my 2gb of data?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G

jtcanales

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Mobile hotspot stays the same but the internet is unlimited they should do like verizon unlimited mobile hotspot.....either that just use pda.net and it works like a charm.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch using Android Central Forums

blackberry260

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Unless you change it, your plan will remain the same. These are new plans.

Something tells me that Tmo will charge me just to change plans but I'm gonna look into it anyways. I went over my data last month for the first time ever a week before my plan restarted and the throttling nearly killed me.

jtcanales

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Something tells me that Tmo will charge me just to change plans but I'm gonna look into it anyways. I went over my data last month for the first time ever a week before my plan restarted and the throttling nearly killed me.

They wont charge anything cause I did it just resently.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Depending upon your contract, it may reset your 18 or 24 month contract period before being eligible for "upgrade" (so-called, based on past experience and others' anecdotes). I'd do it (11 months into my contract) if they'd throw in tethering. :cool:

Read your contract and the fine print of any offer. If you gyp yourself by jumping plans without due diligence, don't post crying here....

jtcanales

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
So this is what a t-mobile rep told me if you get the Unlimited 4G Natiowide you get your unlimited internet only on your phone if you want to use tethering from your phone the plan changes it goes back to the 2, 5, or 10 gigs plan and like I said I'm using some tethering app that I found of course no rooting because no one has rooted the Huawei U8680 MyTouch yet, and it works great. You can use pda.net or easytetherlite from the playstore.

deac714

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
So this is what a t-mobile rep told me if you get the Unlimited 4G Natiowide you get your unlimited internet only on your phone if you want to use tethering from your phone the plan changes it goes back to the 2, 5, or 10 gigs plan and like I said I'm using some tethering app that I found of course no rooting because no one has rooted the Huawei U8680 MyTouch yet, and it works great. You can use pda.net or easytetherlite from the playstore.

There's this: How To Root Huawei Mytouch 4G - DroidRzr.com

Even though these instructions were for the MyTouch, I used these instructions on the Huawei MyTouch Q and I was successful in rooting my phone.

vamp07

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
If lots of people use these unlimited plans to teather, service will decline quick. My gut tells me that data caped plans are a better way to o if you want to have a great connection when you need it.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
If lots of people use these unlimited plans to teather, service will decline quick. My gut tells me that data caped plans are a better way to o if you want to have a great connection when you need it.

That's at least partially true, for the moment. You're not allowed to tether on the unlimited plan anyway, though, so assuming T-Mobile uses adequate detection methods it shouldn't be an issue.

vamp07

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I have always wondered about detection methods. It's so easy to root and teather. Other then data volume, how would they know.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte19