Anybody get their Free Google Home Mini Yet? (Update: Yes some are getting them now)

RedBeard55

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I apparently won't be getting one because I returned my original pre-order because it was defective. I have a replacement but since that was not ordered until after the pre order period they will not honor the offer. Needless to say I'm not happy and have complained.

So you returned and then re-orderd rather than get a replacement? Did you call or email/chat? I saw where someone did better getting an acceptable resolution when they called after trying to use the chat.

I returned my 2 XL due to screen issues and ordered the Pixel 2 so I am out of luck also. :'( You can get one for $30 or less with some of the black friday deals in the US at least.

Armeniandave

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I must have gotten lucky because I returned mine but still got the code and it's in transit now. I'm expecting Google to figure it out and stop the shipment but will see!

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I apparently won't be getting one because I returned my original pre-order because it was defective. I have a replacement but since that was not ordered until after the pre order period they will not honor the offer. Needless to say I'm not happy and have complained.

Wow that's BS. They should honor that! It's not your fault. Infact they should offer an additional item just for your trouble.

firebirder

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Sign up thru Fedex (A link is in the delivery email) and you can leave standing directions on where to deliver...Backdoor, frontdoor etc. Then at least 1 in 10 deliveries they actually listen to your directions LOL...If my package fits in my mailbox, that is where they always leave it...Lazy bstards...

If the package is too large for the mailbox, they put it on my back deck where I requested things to be left.

That's good to know. I don't mind then leaving it at the side door, at least now that I know to look for it there, as it's hidden from view from the street better. I do wish they would knock on my front door at least when they deliver. I was home when my 2 XL and home mini were delivered and never knew they were there until I got an email from Google saying it had been delivered. I dunno, maybe I'm asking for too much!

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Ordered my unlocked pixel 2 XL at launch. Received the phone several weeks ago. No signs of home mini email at all. I don't even have a promotion tab on my Gmail app.

nelamvr6

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I got my Mini today. I'm liking it. setup was very easy. I was just watching the video that ndonnine posted, and when he asked what time the Panthers were playing, my Mini answered him! It's a very good listener!

ncfanboy

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Just got mine today really liking it I'm thinking about getting another one for upstairs.
2ff54ee5cd7eb9ecee2f29653dde1eee.jpg

mmcclure0453

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
My grand daughter and I have been testing it out. I'm very impressed with the sound quality. Played some Journey and sounded pretty good. The grand daughter likes to change the volume up and down by speech. She's enjoying it too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yusufdontk