Anyone coming from iPhone?

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I had an iPhone for 3 years and just bought the Aria. Surprisingly, I'm not having any iPhone envy at all. I immediately found all my primary apps in the Marketplace and I'm loving the small form factor.

gtg465x

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
No iPhone, but I have an iPod Touch that I'll be selling now. I actually chose the Aria over the iPhone 4 simply because I was bored with iOS.

darkninja67

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Coming from an iPhone 3G. Just got the Aria activated yesterday and so far I am loving it. It multitasks great, battery life is decent of you kill off some of the updates, screen is crisp and bright (not so much in direct sunlight), speaker could be better, audio output is fine, and I love the Sense UI.

I am very pleased with this phone so far especially since it was $49 at Amazon.

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I currently have an iPhone 3gs and I have been toying with the idea of getting the Aria. I was eagerly waiting for the iPhone 4 but with all the buzz about the reception issues, proximity sensor issues, and whatnot, I'm thinking of trying an Android phone. It seems the Aria is the best one ATT has right now. However, I'm concerned about the processor. Can it handle the animated wallpapers and such? I had a blackberry that was laggy and don't want to go back to that kind of performance. Also, is it true you can customize the fonts on the Android? Should I be waiting for a better Android device on ATT? (I know, there is ALWAYS something better coming no matter which phone you have!) Is the Aria considered "entry level"? Is the performance going to be as good as my 3gs? I guess I'm in the same boat as the OP-- I'm not sure if I should jump or not!

sigmamason

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I have the iPhone 4, and I guess because I am somewhat bored with the interface and the lack of humility by Apple in the face of all the issues with the iPhone 4 has me looking at selling the 4 and jumping on the Android train...
Wish more interviews were out there, but I guess I will wait for the Samsung Galaxy series...

darkninja67

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I currently have an iPhone 3gs and I have been toying with the idea of getting the Aria. I was eagerly waiting for the iPhone 4 but with all the buzz about the reception issues, proximity sensor issues, and whatnot, I'm thinking of trying an Android phone. It seems the Aria is the best one ATT has right now. However, I'm concerned about the processor. Can it handle the animated wallpapers and such? I had a blackberry that was laggy and don't want to go back to that kind of performance. Also, is it true you can customize the fonts on the Android? Should I be waiting for a better Android device on ATT? (I know, there is ALWAYS something better coming no matter which phone you have!) Is the Aria considered "entry level"? Is the performance going to be as good as my 3gs? I guess I'm in the same boat as the OP-- I'm not sure if I should jump or not!

The Aria does not have the ability to do live wallpaper in it's current form (unrooted).

That said, animations (weather and such) run great. This phone is pretty snappy compared to my old iPhone. The integration with social sites is great. The linking of contacts with social sites is awesome. This is a very small phone but I have small fingers and typing is no problem.

eortizr

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site

I replaced my iPhone3GS with the Aria.. and I have no regret. Amazing little phone,,, and once rooted it's gets better... I removed all the At&t crap and added live wallpapers,,, the live wallpapers works great without any lag..., performance wise, it is faster than the iPhone 3GS, much more faster.... you will not regret...

sigmamason

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I replaced my iPhone3GS with the Aria.. and I have no regret. Amazing little phone,,, and once rooted it's gets better... I removed all the At&t crap and added live wallpapers,,, the live wallpapers works great without any lag..., performance wise, it is faster than the iPhone 3GS, much more faster.... you will not regret...

That is great information to know, thanks.

GQ50

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site

The removal of AT&T apps and the possibility of live wallpaper alone was enough help me decide. :)

slowman

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I have an iPhone 3G and am really considering the Aria. In all honesty, I am just bored with iOS. It's been the exact same since 2007. And I'm ready for a fresh interface and OS and I really think that the Sense UI is appealing.

I just want to make sure that I won't miss my iPhone and kick myself for getting an Aria. Gonna check one out tomorrow at the store... what do you all think??

ljw217

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I just switched from my iPhone 3GS and I do not miss it at all! I love being able to CUSTOMIZE. Seriously, the iphone does not let you do much of anything. I have found that there are an overwhelming amount of options on the Aria, but I'd rather take a longer amount of time to figure things out than to not have those options at all.

I would definitely recommend the switch!

Edge1978

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
My first post :)

I came from the iPhone 3G to the Aria, and I absolutely love it. The ONLY thing I am bothered by is its lack of accessories out there. But seeing its only a few weeks old, in due time.

No Looking Back :)

someguy

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I bought my first iPhone back in April. I bought the Aria for it' s size and I got a really good deal on it out of contract. I had been switching the sim card between the devices but now that the Aria supports wireless tethering I use the iPhone as an ipod touch. The Aria really is a nice little phone that has exeded my expectations.

sYnOnYx

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I checked out the ARIA yesterday, definitely ATT's best android phone right now. The Galaxy S will be on top when that comes out... Glad to see people are seeing the android light !

RocketRay

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I had a 3G but was charging it two or three times a day. I tried to replace the battery myself but ended up destroying it. I swore my next phone would have a battery that doesn't require delicate surgery to replace, and after some research decided to get the Aria.

I've had it for a month now and I'm quite pleased with it. It's definitely faster than the 3G and does everything my old phone did. Plus I no longer have to go through a two hour sync process on iTunes to add music or video! Yeah, it's not as whiz-bang as a Droid or Galaxy S, but it does everything I need it to and more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali