Anyone coming from iPhone?

plastikfear

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I was using an iPhone 3G for nearly 2 years, and just got bored with it. And the new iPhone 4 didn't really, in the big picture, seem all that different. I wanted something new and fresh so here I am. All in all I like the Aria but the streaming music buffer on lastfm, pandora, and shoutcast streams is terrible. I can't get through more than 10 seconds of a song, then it either just stops altogether, or resumes 1-2 minutes later. And when listening to mp3's from my SD card in the stock player, when the backlight goes out the player stops playing music. I'm trying to search through here to see if there is a fix for that (it is so annoying!) but haven't found anything yet.
I like how customizable it is compared to the iPhone. The main apps I used on the iPhone I immediately found and downloaded for this phone as well, plus some additional cool ones that the iApp store doesn't have. I think I might get a Captivate, though, I hear that is a more sturdy phone and less buggy?
The wi-fi works great on the Aria, couldn't get bluetooth to sync up w/ the iPhone though (probably the iPhone's issue, though, because it had problems before), and sometimes I lose signal on this phone where I didn't with the iPhone (weird, huh? sounds backward!!). I had to reboot the phone in order to receive phone calls and sometimes it goes to "G" (really? not even Edge?) when it can't find 3G. Struggling a bit but I am hoping to search the forums for some answers to those issues. Altogether I like it and I'll stick with it hoping to find resolutions!

anon(62000)

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm a former iPhone 3GS user myself.... got tired of iOS and its customization limitations. I went back to my old BlackBerry Bold 9000, and I have 2 weeks to decide on whether to buy the Aria or the Captivate.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174