Anyone else NOT having light leakage by the capacitive buttons?

Have light leakage?

• Total voters

cheebahawk1

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I dont have the leakage as shown in the picture but if you look at the phone from top down, i can see light from all four buttons, but I assume that is normal right?

The leakage in this case is specifically for light down at the bottom of the unit?

justin_aga

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I dont have the leakage as shown in the picture but if you look at the phone from top down, i can see light from all four buttons, but I assume that is normal right?

The leakage in this case is specifically for light down at the bottom of the unit?

mine is the same, only from that view. i can see is a little on white websites also

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
In all honesty, if your phone show light leakage I would take it back and exchange it. It's not supposed to have it and there are obviously phones that don't have it. Give it a try, you paid 200 dollars for this device it shouldn't have these kind of flaws.

DougDarden

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
does the ring around the buttons change colors? because in one it's orange, the other is white.

No, the ring does not change colors. I think that was caused by a weird reflection or something funky with the macro setting on my camera when I took the picture.

- Doug

berrymods

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Mine is exactly like yours. When I press it down, it goes away for a few seconds. I can live with it, but if I start getting dust under the screen it would mean the seal around the screen is compromised. At that point, I will be taking it back to sprint.

Thought... I wonder if you took some black caulk (at local hardware store) and put a small amount on your finger, just enough to get some in there, it might seal the tiny gap all the way around the screen? With it being caulk, any excess would just rub right off.

Thoughts?

I've have some leakage under the home button and a little under the search button. Here's what it looks like.

attachment.php

attachment.php

DougDarden

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site

The first pictures I posted were of leakage at the bottom. Here's a picture of what I see from "top down".

attachment.php

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Mine is exactly like yours. When I press it down, it goes away for a few seconds. I can lie with it, but if I start getting dust under the screen it would mean the seal around the screen is compromised. At that point, I will be taking it back to sprint.

Thought... I wonder if you took some black caulk (at local hardware store) and put a small amount on your finger, just enough to get some in there, it might seal the tiny gap all the way around the screen? With it being caulk, any excess would just rub right off.

Thoughts?

You shouldn't have to do that. Just bring it in for an exchange, you might get a good one.

DougDarden

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Mine is exactly like yours. When I press it down, it goes away for a few seconds. I can live with it, but if I start getting dust under the screen it would mean the seal around the screen is compromised. At that point, I will be taking it back to sprint.

Thoughts?

Exactly! When I press down on the bottom, the light leakage goes away for a few seconds, but always returns. I'd happily volunteer someone else to try out the caulk idea...;) Ha!

I think Yourdogsdead has the right idea. If it starts to annoy me any more, I'll may try to exchange it.

- Doug

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
The first pictures I posted were of leakage at the bottom. Here's a picture of what I see from "top down".

attachment.php

As far as I know that one is normal. That is the light that illuminates the screen, I had that on every device with this type of screen. My Teo and Palm PDA's all had that. I see that on my Evo but do not see anything at the bottom leakage wise.

I have a question, does anyone else see the capacitive buttons glow when in the dark. My Evo is shut off but they glow, very dim, you can only really see it in total darkness but they glow.

Last edited:

EVO Navian

May 31, 2010
Visit site

attachment.php

Odd, I don't see that same 'leak' when looking at that same angle from the bottom. Just from top angle which I think is normal, but I have to look way down.

Jordus

Banned
May 5, 2010
Visit site
Ive got some along the bottom. It doesnt bother me too bad, but I thought about taking a fine tip sharpie and just drawing a line to see if it blacks it out.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
No light leakage for me around the capacitive buttons in a pitch black room. If I hold it just right and look through the bottom seam of the phone there is slight leakage but is only noticeable if the room is pitch black and you move the phone around and look for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Groenborg