Anyone going to get the S10 in store?

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Their in store inventory is limited to certain colors and memory configurations to begin with so if you want something out of the ordinary it has to be ordered. I find that's less true of Verizon but they have limits as well.

I'm talking in general.

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
We are switching from iOS and Not really nervous more excited than anything. She is a little more nervous bc she knows that videos sent to her will be a lesser quality over SMS. I had the note 9 when it released and almost made it through my return period, until the Max was revealed. I thought the max was what I had been missing to keep me in iOS but after a month with the Max I was bored and knew I should've kept the Note 9. I decided to stick it out with the Max until this release and I'm so happy to jump back into the Android world. Both my girlfriend and I got the galaxy watch 42mm, but she is gonna return her watch for the new active coming out friday.
Just use WhatsApp. Stop being lured into Apple's trap (iMessage).

EricMartinSoCal

Mar 1, 2019
Visit site
I usually pre order but I get tried to wait for shipping ( I know they shipped already) I plan to go to At&T store or Best buy on Friday to get one.

Do you think the phone gonna be sold out like new iPhone?

Just curious anyone plan to get one in store on Friday.

Thanks.
I called my local Best Buy and they said they do not expect to have units available for a "while" because they will fulfill pre-orders first and then will wait for new shipments to sell to walk-ins.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I was thinking about it, but after seeing that the ultrasonic fingerprint sensor isn't really working out too well, I think I'm going to pass.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I called my local Best Buy and they said they do not expect to have units available for a "while" because they will fulfill pre-orders first and then will wait for new shipments to sell to walk-ins.

Best Buy is like that for every major phone that gets released. This is nothing new.

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Cancelled my samsung.com order last night and ordered for store pickup from best buy. Will drive 20 min to another state so as not to pay sale tax. Also best buy is giving free $45 att prepaid credit with purchase of an unlocked phone.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

Best bet is to try and buy online Friday AM ... you can try different stores as they will tell you if they have them in stock. They you r order it and pick it up within an hour.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Best bet is to try and buy online Friday AM ... you can try different stores as they will tell you if they have them in stock. They you r order it and pick it up within an hour.

They could run out by the time the order is processed & picked. I did have Best Buy hold something for me once because I was coming from 90 minutes away.

Emig5m

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Hmm.. Damned... Yea just got off the phone with Best Buy to ask if they would have unlocked phones available tomorrow and they confirmed pre-orders get fulfilled first then the scraps left over go for sale on the shelf. So now begs the big questions...

A) If I'm able to pre-order today on my local Best Buy's website does that mean that they have the stock to fulfill online orders or if they don't it won't let you order online? I would hate to place an order today and still not be able to pick it up in the store tomorrow.

B) With regards to just jumping in my vehicle tomorrow morning and heading to a brick and mortar store to buy in person, which store will you have the highest chance of finding a unlocked regular S10 tomorrow? Maybe Target? Walmart? My local ATT store confirmed that they'll have them on shelf for purchase tomorrow (went and checked stock and they actually have them right now but can't sell until tomorrow) but I want an unlocked phone for a change.

EricMartinSoCal

Mar 1, 2019
Visit site
Hmm.. Damned... Yea just got off the phone with Best Buy to ask if they would have unlocked phones available tomorrow and they confirmed pre-orders get fulfilled first then the scraps left over go for sale on the shelf. So now begs the big questions...

A) If I'm able to pre-order today on my local Best Buy's website does that mean that they have the stock to fulfill online orders or if they don't it won't let you order online? I would hate to place an order today and still not be able to pick it up in the store tomorrow.

B) With regards to just jumping in my vehicle tomorrow morning and heading to a brick and mortar store to buy in person, which store will you have the highest chance of finding a unlocked regular S10 tomorrow? Maybe Target? Walmart? My local ATT store confirmed that they'll have them on shelf for purchase tomorrow (went and checked stock and they actually have them right now but can't sell until tomorrow) but I want an unlocked phone for a change.
That's my issue. My fear is that I pre-order with Best Buy today and then find out that it will be fulfilled well after I could have walked in and got it.

Emig5m

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Best Buy is your best bet.

So hopefully the unlocked phones aren't in as much demand as the carrier phones and they'll have one but... still trying decide if I want to jump up to the 512GB and if they'll be even less of them available on release day? Just got off the phone with my local Walmart and they confirmed that they have a shipment of carrier phones but no unlocked phones as of yet but they "could" still get shipment today and either way, my hope with Walmart is that they're open 24hrs and that I could purchase one after midnight but said the personnel that makes the sales of phones wont be there until 10am which sucks. Best Buy is next door and opens the same time as the phone salesmen at Walmart starts work and I suppose I could try Best Buy at 10am and if no luck there, head next door to Walmart. Walmart's website has unlocked phones but the store clerk said that it's a 50/50 maybe for in-store tomorrow but confirmed they don't have the shipment of unlocked phones as of yet but they have the carrier phones there already so Walmart isn't looking good and Best Buy is also iffy with fulfilling pre-orders first. My local Best Buy is in kind of a lower population/traffic area so maybe the demand for them won't be as high there? Hmm... Maybe I'll try another local Walmart to see if I can get anyone to verify that they got a shipment of unlocked phones and if so, if I could put money down to have them hold one for me... I think pre-order inventory shouldn't effect retail inventory and there should always be some stock left for shelves but it is what it is, money talks, and first come, first serve....

Emig5m

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Called another Walmart and they said no unlocked phones in store, ever. Hmmm... so hard to get accurate information anymore...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olalekan45