Anyone going to get the S10 in store?

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I preordered at best buy I even took the day off to be there early lol I thought they were giving away the airbuds but apparently they may not be, I guess I'll find out Friday

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't switch carriers and I don't travel out of country often. As such I don't need a unlocked device. And as of late Samsung has been pushing updates to carrier devices faster than their unlocked models. So if that's a concern I'd go with a carrier model.
Yeah I don't plan on switching carriers anytime soon. Probably not traveling out of the country either so that's all good points.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
My girlfriend and I pre-ordered ours from best buy and doing the in store pick up for 2 reasons. 1) Don't want to take a chance that the delivery service screws up or something happens and delays the delivery. 2) I don't want to get that email saying hey your package has arrived and I'm stuck at work knowing its at home waiting on me lol, at least with in store I feel less urge to run over and get it till I get off work

You guys both are ditching iOS right? Not nervous?!? I still can't do the full switch

eak1570

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Just pre order on Best buy and choose to pick up on Friday.

Hope I can get it on Friday because from what I heard Best buy is always late and delay.

#S10 black.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Just pre order on Best buy and choose to pick up on Friday.

Hope I can get it on Friday because from what I heard Best buy is always late and delay.

#S10 black.

I would not recommend doing anything through Best buy, unless you see the phone in the sales person's hand. Their inventory system is a joke, and they always oversell what they actually have.

WizeGuyDezignz

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I still don't know if I want the T-Mobile variant of the unlocked one. Kind of thinking I might wait for a deal in a couple months as I don't need a phone yet.

Go with the T-Mobile variant bro. You will get faster updates and be able to walk into a store if you have an issue with the phone. You can also take advantage of carrier specific features.

Don't fall for the "bloatware" hype. It's insanely blown out of proportion and overrated.

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
You guys both are ditching iOS right? Not nervous?!? I still can't do the full switch

We are switching from iOS and Not really nervous more excited than anything. She is a little more nervous bc she knows that videos sent to her will be a lesser quality over SMS. I had the note 9 when it released and almost made it through my return period, until the Max was revealed. I thought the max was what I had been missing to keep me in iOS but after a month with the Max I was bored and knew I should've kept the Note 9. I decided to stick it out with the Max until this release and I'm so happy to jump back into the Android world. Both my girlfriend and I got the galaxy watch 42mm, but she is gonna return her watch for the new active coming out friday.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
We are switching from iOS and Not really nervous more excited than anything. She is a little more nervous bc she knows that videos sent to her will be a lesser quality over SMS. I had the note 9 when it released and almost made it through my return period, until the Max was revealed. I thought the max was what I had been missing to keep me in iOS but after a month with the Max I was bored and knew I should've kept the Note 9. I decided to stick it out with the Max until this release and I'm so happy to jump back into the Android world. Both my girlfriend and I got the galaxy watch 42mm, but she is gonna return her watch for the new active coming out friday.

I really love the active watch! It's what is making me want to switch, but I have reservations....just like your girlfriend I send and receive a ton of videos from other iOS users. Not only to receive compressed videos but sending them through WhatsApp or Google photos is not what the iOS end user wants to go through when they have iMessage already. Big inconvenience which is what has me on the fence.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I preordered at best buy I even took the day off to be there early lol I thought they were giving away the airbuds but apparently they may not be, I guess I'll find out Friday
You have to go onto am so after you get the phone and register for the free gift from Samsung. They won't have them in store.

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I really love the active watch! It's what is making me want to switch, but I have reservations....just like your girlfriend I send and receive a ton of videos from other iOS users. Not only to receive compressed videos but sending them through WhatsApp or Google photos is not what the iOS end user wants to go through when they have iMessage already. Big inconvenience which is what has me on the fence.

We both thought about this as well, but came to the conclusion that if they care enough about us they will send it through messenger. My friends sending me videos is very rare, her on the other hand its a little more frequent since her sister has a little one. But we are gonna move forward knowing that both sides will have slight growing pains but after a little while it will become second nature

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
We both thought about this as well, but came to the conclusion that if they care enough about us they will send it through messenger. My friends sending me videos is very rare, her on the other hand its a little more frequent since her sister has a little one. But we are gonna move forward knowing that both sides will have slight growing pains but after a little while it will become second nature

Funny because I can truly relate to your GF. I have a sister close in age, we each have two kids and constantly share videos of them to each other. I've gone to Android countless of times and my sister is kind of technologically challenged. She will be content with her iPhone 7 until it doesn't work anymore. Each time I had the pixel, s9, note 9, etc...she still couldn't remember to send videos through messenger. I kind of agree with you though, over time it will become second nature to other side and like you said if they truly love you which they do then they will attempt to conform. I think it is more so on my end that everything is so seamless on iOS. The ecosystem really gets a hold of you and over time the novelty wears off for me on Android. Don't get me wrong, Android is leaps and bounds ahead of iOS, but in certain departments!

Let me know how she likes the active watch when she spends time with it! I'd love her opinion since we seem to be similar users.

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Funny because I can truly relate to your GF. I have a sister close in age, we each have two kids and constantly share videos of them to each other. I've gone to Android countless of times and my sister is kind of technologically challenged. She will be content with her iPhone 7 until it doesn't work anymore. Each time I had the pixel, s9, note 9, etc...she still couldn't remember to send videos through messenger. I kind of agree with you though, over time it will become second nature to other side and like you said if they truly love you which they do then they will attempt to conform. I think it is more so on my end that everything is so seamless on iOS. The ecosystem really gets a hold of you and over time the novelty wears off for me on Android. Don't get me wrong, Android is leaps and bounds ahead of iOS, but in certain departments!

Let me know how she likes the active watch when she spends time with it! I'd love her opinion since we seem to be similar users.

I'll definitely give you an update once we spend some time with the phones and watches. I think one big thing is the jumping back and forth, like own an android for a few months then going back to apple for most of the year then back to android for a small stint, if we just stick to android then it helps the iphone family members remember easier lol

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I'll definitely give you an update once we spend some time with the phones and watches. I think one big thing is the jumping back and forth, like own an android for a few months then going back to apple for most of the year then back to android for a small stint, if we just stick to android then it helps the iphone family members remember easier lol

Yeah I can't stick to it where as I can stick to iOS for a lifetime. Too many new Android phones come out during the years, it's just too tempting and so much work constantly getting the latest and greatest!

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
You have to go onto am so after you get the phone and register for the free gift from Samsung. They won't have them in store.

They told me yesterday they got some with the shipment, I guess I'll find out Friday if it will include the buds

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I can't stick to it where as I can stick to iOS for a lifetime. Too many new Android phones come out during the years, it's just too tempting and so much work constantly getting the latest and greatest!

I understand that, I use to jump between all the latest and greatest till I found out that if it isn't samsung or apple then it falls short of great here in the states lol. I'm also doing it for some financial reasons, I looked at the cost between apple and samsung, Samsung is cheaper in the long run. With apple I pay $52 for the phone, $15.99 for apple care a month, .99 cents for 50GB cloud storage and $9.99 apple music. Samsung $39 for the phone and $8.99 a month for insurance, thats about a $30 a month savings. The only phone I may jump to next is the Note 10 bc I do like the S-pen, I just can't wait that long and still be with the Max lol.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I would not recommend doing anything through Best buy, unless you see the phone in the sales person's hand. Their inventory system is a joke, and they always oversell what they actually have.

Their in store inventory is limited to certain colors and memory configurations to begin with so if you want something out of the ordinary it has to be ordered. I find that's less true of Verizon but they have limits as well.

robinhelenehebert

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I understand that, I use to jump between all the latest and greatest till I found out that if it isn't samsung or apple then it falls short of great here in the states lol. I'm also doing it for some financial reasons, I looked at the cost between apple and samsung, Samsung is cheaper in the long run. With apple I pay $52 for the phone, $15.99 for apple care a month, .99 cents for 50GB cloud storage and $9.99 apple music. Samsung $39 for the phone and $8.99 a month for insurance, thats about a $30 a month savings. The only phone I may jump to next is the Note 10 bc I do like the S-pen, I just can't wait that long and still be with the Max lol.

I had the Max and sold it....for some reason in this area the cell service with that phone was bad. I have a XR and it's better.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chao