Anyone gone from an S6/S6 edge to an M9?

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
From what I've heard, the M9 is better than the S6 in idle time and total use. Problem with the M9 is that it doesn't give you screen on time. Most people I've heard say it makes it through a day and people claim between 4-5 hours of screen on time - but that's just an estimation.

Good info. Thanks so much. My biggest gripe, by far, with my S6 is my Standby drain. I average 3-4% drain per hour doing nothing, and on WiFi. Average SoT time for me on the S6 is around 3 hours (most users seem to be around 4 hours or so but I am suffering from Cell Standby drain.)

Was looking at the M9 at the Verizon store today and was really impressed. I had the original HTC One a number of years ago and loved it. Sense 7 has sure come a long way and looks way better than TouchWiz on the S6 and was far more responsive than my S6. Hmmmm....

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Good info. Thanks so much. My biggest gripe, by far, with my S6 is my Standby drain. I average 3-4% drain per hour doing nothing, and on WiFi. Average SoT time for me on the S6 is around 3 hours (most users seem to be around 4 hours or so but I am suffering from Cell Standby drain.)

Was looking at the M9 at the Verizon store today and was really impressed. I had the original HTC One a number of years ago and loved it. Sense 7 has sure come a long way and looks way better than TouchWiz on the S6 and was far more responsive than my S6. Hmmmm....

You're welcome. I don't have an M9, but that's just what I've read in my research on it. I'm on iOS right now, but still looking back at Android. The camera on the M9 is the only thing keeping me from it.

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I can say they are pretty much on par, S6 and M9 give me 24h for every 100% charge, both need a Quick charger to be on the safe side :)

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
From what I've heard, the M9 is better than the S6 in idle time and total use. Problem with the M9 is that it doesn't give you screen on time. Most people I've heard say it makes it through a day and people claim between 4-5 hours of screen on time - but that's just an estimation.

There are countless apps in the Playstore that will give you SOT, so it doesn't have to be an estimation.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

I'd say standby is the best I've seen other than my iPhone 6. Better than older iPhones and the M8 I had. SOT isn't that great though. I got something like 56 hours on a charge once on the M9 with semi-light use. I think the SOT ended up being about 3 1/2 hrs. I can easily get 1 1/2-2 days during my work week with the M9 without turning much off or tweaking settings much.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I'd say standby is the best I've seen other than my iPhone 6. Better than older iPhones and the M8 I had. SOT isn't that great though. I got something like 56 hours on a charge once on the M9 with semi-light use. I think the SOT ended up being about 3 1/2 hrs. I can easily get 1 1/2-2 days during my work week with the M9 without turning much off or tweaking settings much.

If you don't mind me asking, what do you think of the M9 compared to the iPhone 6? I'm currently an Android guy in the iOS world with a 6 Plus.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
If you don't mind me asking, what do you think of the M9 compared to the iPhone 6? I'm currently an Android guy in the iOS world with a 6 Plus.

I think they're both great devices in their own way. I much prefer iOS notifications, for example. I also like the transparencies in iOS better as well. I know I can get that stuff on Android using 3rd party apps, but I've kinda gotten used to the Android way now. I like Androids customization though. Overall I like iOS better out of the box, but with some tweaking and setting a few 3rd party apps as defaults (mail and browser), I think they're equally as good. I miss iMessage, TouchID, and mobile Safari the most.

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
I switched from an S6 Edge to HTC M9 because the Edge was freezing over night, with the CPU pegged and battery nearly out each time. Even after factory reset and disabling updates it would occur several nights a week. That was unacceptable, and T-Mobile had no solution so I switched. I didn't want to risk waiting for a replacement to be shipped just to experience the same thing. When it froze the screen would be dark and unresponsive except for the edge clock was still displaying, stuck at the time it froze and the original batter percentage.
Good luck! It was an excellent phone otherwise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MusicChris63