Anyone have any suggestions how I can get my hands on an Evo?

seraphemz

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Hey, I just found this forum. My sister is wanting to get the Evo but its sold out everywhere.

I'm thinking about telling her about this Art guy, but before I do I wanted to make sure I understand this all.

If she calls this guy up he can place an order for her and just bill it to her monthly statement? How then does she activate and have all her contacts moved from her old phone to the Evo? Could she walk into a Sprint store when she receives the Evo and ask them to activate and transfer her contacts for her? (she is not technical at all)

Thanks

Yea, they can take care of that at the SPRINT store.

seraphemz

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I only was eligible for the $75 upgrade on 1 of my 4 numbers; if I didn't have that small upgrade eligibility I wouldn't have even been able to order through Art. I've been calling Sprint stores in my city (Phoenix) for weeks now; there was no other way. I would have even ordered at full price. I JUST NEED MY CRACK NOW.

EDIT: I do not get the $100 MIR - just the $75 off.

You should have called retention.. I was in the same boat, but my full 2 years wasnt until Jun of 2011. I told them that I was going to cancel, so they told me that they would credit the other 75, so it would be like getting the 150 off.

Also, sometimes they can "push" your eligibility up depending on how far you are from it....

Try calling still... You can possibly save yourself a lot of money.

N8DOGGNY

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Keep us posted on your order. Hopefully that means yours will ship by tomorrow.

If you were talking to me, my order SHIPPED, should be here TOMORROW I can't wait, but I will lol.

again I was one of the lucky ones to order from bestbuy.com when they had them just before they went off the website again the same day.(the wife is gonna want the white one, so I'll play with it(the phone:p) till I can buy another one)

DonnaJ415

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Rusty

If she is eligible for an upgrate.... yeah its that simple...

Marley,

Please stop calling me crazy, once it was funny but to repeatedly reference my prior frustration as emotionally disturbed is another thing. As I said before I want what I waNt when I want it .... and art was my Evo savior

I Love my Evo

MAS956

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Placed my order today with Art. He said it could be 5-7 business days but that all the orders placed yesterday have already shipped.

Sounds like good news.

Marley

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Rusty

If she is eligible for an upgrate.... yeah its that simple...

Marley,

Please stop calling me crazy, once it was funny but to repeatedly reference my prior frustration as emotionally disturbed is another thing. As I said before I want what I waNt when I want it .... and art was my Evo savior

I Love my Evo

Oh puh-lease, it continues to be funny to me. Art is my hero as well.

DallasBoys

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Well I never received any update from Art but today I was watching the news when the UPS guy dropped off a package. Low and behold it was my EVO!!! I'm a little upset he never updated me but I quickly got over that. I haven't put it down yet! Awesome phone!!

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Ordered mine on the 19th from Arthur and got UPS confirmation for delivery on the 26th. Arthur really comes through for his customers - another thumbs up for the guy. Again, his contact is:

Arthur Briones ? Sprint Business Accounts
214.394.8345 ? Wireless
800.591.8345 ? Toll Free

Send him your business!
Dave

ps I'm switching from a Palm Pre.

whitehorse84

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to find an EVO for my girlfriend.. her 2 years has been up since July 1st but she's been on the wait list at every sprint store since JUNE!

with Arthur, what do you pay for the phone? $299 plus $100 mail in rebate? how exactly does this work?

thanks!

olemil#AC

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to find an EVO for my girlfriend.. her 2 years has been up since July 1st but she's been on the wait list at every sprint store since JUNE!

with Arthur, what do you pay for the phone? $299 plus $100 mail in rebate? how exactly does this work?

thanks!

Yes if you have an upgrade, you just call Arthur and he will do the rest. The price is $299 billed to your account and you will get the $100 rebate a few months later as long as you don't return the phone.

Marley

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I ordered on 8/23; got my order confirmation number from Sprint webchat yesterday, 8/24. The system says the order was placed 8/24 and was processing. It now shows that the last "system update" was on 8/25 and it was still processing. :(

If you guys haven't rcv'd order number from Art...just use the webchat and get it. Let me know if yours are processing or shows a shipping number, so I can be uber jealous of you.

neutron#AC

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Mine has been shipped....

Kidding, but Sprint did tell me my order is on backorder now. I sure hope that it doesn't mean a delay in my order....

Last edited:

MAS956

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I ordered on 8/23; got my order confirmation number from Sprint webchat yesterday, 8/24. The system says the order was placed 8/24 and was processing. It now shows that the last "system update" was on 8/25 and it was still processing. :(

If you guys haven't rcv'd order number from Art...just use the webchat and get it. Let me know if yours are processing or shows a shipping number, so I can be uber jealous of you.

Good tip. I'll try it.

Marley

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Cool, MAS956 - make sure you come back and let me know the date you ordered and what status it's showing in their system, please! :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abhishek397